Re: Constant "Prediction Error" Pop Up

by E9ine_AC

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Hero

@TheCreamS0daThis is the servers. I am on 1 gig speed with 244 hrtz if i wish to go that high. I also will see rubber band a entire lobby had it actually all had slowly crawl to the circle with out being rubber band the entire match mind you every single player was having this happen to them. I found it to happen a lot more when playing on servers outside my country as im East coast and i normally play on london for a lot i mean a lot faster ques. But this does happen to me on these type servers. So if you have a friend invite you and they live in different country the servers are built and designed to push player to the invite persons lobby. So if you invite them they are in your region of servers. If they invite you then you are on their region. This plays a huge role into this rubber band issue. Also toy around with joining other servers near you one big reason other then ques i play on london is because east coast servers well just not great at the moment. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 11 of 32 (1,255 Views)

★★★ Novice
@C45SIE Nothing yet, after Kent stated he would be sending up details to someone (I assume Respawn but I don't actually know) I just kinda gave up on trying to find a fix for it. Still trying to play, still getting the same issues. Fingers crossed some kinda fix comes out for it, if it's even on their list of things to fix. It seems like most of the population that plays Apex don't encounter this issue so I don't really know if they would deem it worth fixing.
Message 12 of 32 (1,215 Views)

★★★ Novice
@E9ine_AC I will try messing around with joining other servers. I temporarily tried that a while back and noticed little to no improvement, and in some cases it became even worse. Regardless, I might as well give it a shot considering I can't find a fix for the time being.
Message 13 of 32 (1,210 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, Kent.

Can you please update us with this issue? I can barely hit the enemy in condition like this and it's very frustrating me.

Message 14 of 32 (1,176 Views)

★ Novice

Hey, @TheCreamS0da did you ever find a fix for this? its a long shot but I thought I'd ask. Its been a long time since the post and yet I'm getting these issues now too. I recently started playing again for season 6 and haven't gone a game without the micro freezes and prediction errors. I've contacted ea about this and after 3 cases I'm still at a loss. Repaired game files, cleared cache, the works, and nada. @EA_Kent If you could chime in incase a fix was found I'd be very grateful. My issue is the exact same as written and shown in the video 

Message 15 of 32 (1,071 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@TheCreamS0da If you have scroll wheel binded to jump, I would suggest turning it off. It creates a prediction error where the server cant predict the movements due to the spamming of jump. That's something I literally just found out.
Message 16 of 32 (974 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue. Whenever I drop in a match or training ground after a minute or two I constantly start to get prediction error. It lags and back tracks ALOT. I am playing other games on origin like BFV and I dont get any issue in that. I have attached my UOtrace as well. Kindly guide me how to fix this issue. 

Message 17 of 32 (700 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Kent any update to this? 

Message 18 of 32 (670 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Kent Hey man, I see that earlier in this thread you said you would send this issue up the ladder. Obviously many of us are still having this problem (for me personally it's been months now) and I was wondering if we could get an update on this? Does EA/Respawn know of this problem? Are they working on a fix? Is there an ETA on said fix if they are working on it? Sorry to be a bother but my game has been unplayable for months now 🤷‍♂️

Message 19 of 32 (609 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@YeongTrickI have this same issue but it happens only after playing 2-3 matches in a row. And for some reason when the problem occurs on the legend selection screen I get 15 fps but when the legend selection screen ends fps comes back to normal 60 fps and then my constant prediction error stutters begin. But what I found out was if i quit the game completely and then reconnect to the match the prediction errors (micro stutters) disappear. Can you try this approach. I am trying to find out if my problem is actually the same as everyone here.

Message 20 of 32 (581 Views)