Constant packet loss icon while playing

by Korokoku

Original Post

Re: Constant packet loss icon while playing

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Kent It does seem like based on another thread, https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Apex-Latency-and-Packet-Loss-issues/td-p/7976473/page/3, that the time frame of about a month ago others suddenly began to experience a similar issue to myself.

Message 21 of 33 (460 Views)

Community Manager

@Korokoku 

Usually when it shows 100% packet loss it just didn't actually report any results rather than every packet being dropped at that particular hop. 

It is interesting that your issues seem to have started happening around the same time. Does it seem like your performance in-game is actually affected by this? Are you running into problems with lag or rubber banding while the packet loss icon is coming up? If not, I'm wondering if it's a false positive of some kind. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 22 of 33 (437 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Yeah, since that server isn't making information public I was curious about it.

I have definitely seen rubber banding with the packet loss icon up. While not as frequent, the speedometer for lag will pop up and then it behaves as expected with some lag different than the rubber banding.
Message 23 of 33 (431 Views)

Community Manager

@Korokoku 

Gotcha. I'll pass along this information for a look. 

Are you usually playing Apex Legends around the same time every day? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 24 of 33 (404 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent I am typically playing in the evening most days, say 9pm - 11pm EST.
Message 25 of 33 (394 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@EA_Kent Hi, I have the packet loss problem for several days already on every server.
Usually I play in the evening.
Is it some Respawn problem? Is there any fix coming?
Message 26 of 33 (365 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the updates!

If it's happening around the same time each day I'm wondering if it could be a local issue of some kind. Have you tried reaching out to your ISP to see if they're seeing any problems in the area around that time of day? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 27 of 33 (325 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent I have been in constant contact with them as well and they’ve even reached out to other companies that are part of the route. They weren’t seeing anything.
Message 28 of 33 (315 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Korokoku It's not coming from internet providers but from ea servers but they don't want to acknowledge it....
Message 29 of 33 (302 Views)

Community Manager

@Korokoku 

Is there a lot of other network traffic happening in your home? Are there any other devices connected to the same network? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 30 of 33 (277 Views)