Constant game crashing

by FrameTheBard

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Constant game crashing

★★★ Newbie

When the game first came out, I didn't have nearly as many crashes, several hours could go by without even so much as a hiccup. I don't know what changed, but now if I want to play for an extended time, I can count on having multiple crashes to desktop per hour, sometimes only two or three, usually more. I'm not seeing any visual bugs or graphical errors as some other folks do, and sometimes I'm only disconnected from online mode, but most of the time it's a complete crash to desktop. The game will freeze for a few seconds, whatever sounds are playing will play on loop, and then the game will completely close itself. I've tried reinstalling the game, verifying files, deleting cache files, running Unbound as admin, updating graphics card drivers, and launching the game from different platforms, all to no avail. This problem only started a few days ago. Current platform is PC. My computer is equipped with a RX 6800 XT, a Ryzen 7 5800X3D, and 16 gigs of ram.

Message 1 of 2 (260 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Constant game crashing

EA DICE Team

Hey, @FrameTheBard  can you try a clean boot to see if any programs are messing with NEED FOR SPEED™ Unbound and turn off any overlay programs, such as Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (183 Views)

All Replies

Re: Constant game crashing

EA DICE Team

Hey, @FrameTheBard  can you try a clean boot to see if any programs are messing with NEED FOR SPEED™ Unbound and turn off any overlay programs, such as Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 2 (184 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help