Constant freezing and Lagging with Good internet

by Kwalinn

Original Post

Constant freezing and Lagging with Good internet

★★★ Newbie

I just got a gaming PC with RTX 2060, i7 9700 processor. the thing runs everything like a beast . I first got Apex to try my pc out and it worked perfectly then one day I started getting the red Speedometer symbol all the time plus the other 2 symbols, but the speedometer would make the game freeze but not disconnect I can still talk to my team and exit to main menu to start another game but its completely unplayable

I uninstalled at that point and reinstalled it and it worked for about 2 solid days worth of playing so i thought i solved the issue.

Just a couple days ago it has started again and no matter how many times i uninstall it does not work. Obviously i turned to the fact that my internet must be * because i am in the basement but I called my internet provider and I was testing at about 70 mbs so clearly my internet is working fine . I can play any other online game with no issues, watch netflix no problems. but as soon as i play apex its like the worst experience i have ever had its unplayable

I have been reading around that this seems to effect ppl after a certain update happened, im new to this game so i have no idea. But streamers seem to have no problems plus 80% of the player base so PLEASE EA tell me what I am doing wrong because at this point I enjoy this game but its completely useless to put my time into when every single game is effected by not just lag but freezing, rubber banding, and so forth

Any suggestions would help 

P.S I have tried moving my pc and router around, restarting my pc and router. I have tried messing with my firewall I have tried repairing the game or installing it on my SSD absolutely any solution i could find through forums has not worked. I dont know why it worked the first time i uninstalled but it doesnt seem to work anymore.

Message 1 of 5 (508 Views)

Re: Constant freezing and Lagging with Good internet

★★★★ Novice

roll back to driver 436.15

Message 2 of 5 (471 Views)

★★★ Novice

@datsneakyserb wrote:

roll back to driver 436.15

Are you talking about the GPU driver? How do you roll that back? I may be having the same issues he is
Message 3 of 5 (430 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I reverted to 436.15, it fixed the freezing but its still got horrible lag. More playable now than before but not really worth it

Message 4 of 5 (412 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@bismage don't think this has anything to do with the GPU drivers, this started happening once the voidwalker event ended for me, the game ran well before that. Pretty sure the latest update screwed something up
Message 5 of 5 (379 Views)