Re: Constant freezes/crashes on PC. Unplayable.

by 5nnuggles

Original Post

Constant freezes/crashes on PC. Unplayable.

★★ Novice

Like the title says - i have constant freezes with Battlefield V on PC. Whenever it does, my PC does as well - i can't alt-tab nor go to the taskmanager. I can't even push the physical reset button. Only 5 seconds on my powerbutton does the trick. I was not able to play a single round in multiplayer - and in singleplayer it occurs after 5-10 minutes. Sometimes even on startup of the game. Newest Nvidia-Driver are installed. Same happened before i installed it. Beta ran fine without issues. Haven't had any changes to my systems hardware since then.

Message 1 of 34 (3,495 Views)

★★★ Guide

Same problem here, but just if running with MSI Afterburner Overlay. 

Message 2 of 34 (3,482 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have had a similar problem however there are a few differences. Firstly, the first time my game crashed it was not long after I finished the prologue (about 20 minutes). Secondly, Now when I go to boot up the game it ALWAYS crashes about 3-5 seconds after the game boots up into fullscreen mode.

If it helps here's some more stuff that might help find a fix: I do have the latest Driver installed, My processor is an AMD FX-8350 eight core, I have 8GB RAM, GFX card is an Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 TI, I checked and the 1050 TI is more than enough for min specs for the game. Any help here also?

Message 3 of 34 (3,474 Views)

Hero

First make sure you don't run in DX12.

To make sure third party applications don't cause any issues you should try playing after a clean boot and report back if it then runs fine:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

carbonic signature

Message 4 of 34 (3,464 Views)

★ Apprentice
Ditto, freezes constantly throughout the game. Sometimes long enough to kick me for being idle and others not. Its very frustrating.
Message 5 of 34 (3,432 Views)

★★ Novice
DX12 is not running - and a clean boot did not do the trick. Thanks for the try though, i didn't know there was such a thing as a clean boot Standard smile
Message 6 of 34 (3,409 Views)

★ Novice
I'm also having issues. It happens randomly between 30 mins up to 1hr. The game will completely force a hard restart of my pc. No bsod and getting error in window reporting while playing. Cache hierarchy error
Message 7 of 34 (3,394 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @hqnweimar, when you are playing is any of your hardware on 100% usage, is your hardware overheating? 

/Atic 

Message 8 of 34 (3,362 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having stutters as well !
Seen ppl say to switch to DX11 but I can't seem to find such option in the Video settings screen :/

Any advice ?

Message 9 of 34 (3,352 Views)

★★ Novice

I cant play more than a few mins at a time before I get thrown back on desktop. No error showing, just back to desktop. Latest driver on a 2080ti under water.

Message 10 of 34 (3,326 Views)