Constant crashing when loading a level

by DuvainFeynorim

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Constant crashing when loading a level

★★ Novice

I recently bought the Star Wars Battlefront 2 game, and after a lengthy download time it was finally downloaded. However to my dismay it simply crashes, or more accurately, closes to the desktop whenever I try and play the game. I have made it into the tutorial level 2 times, both crashed soon after it started. Any other time it would crash while trying to plat the little opening video before the battle. I did try other levels, campaign, supremacy, nothing seems to be working. They all will not even make it past the load map screen before they shut down. There are no crash logs created, nothing. Just straight to my desktop.

I have heard about people having something similar and saying it was a windows update numbered at 1903, I do not have that from what I was seeing in my windows update log. Also, my Dx12... something s also disabled which was another solution I saw. My graphics drivers are installed correctly, I have also used the repair game option in the Origin thing. Nothing has worked.

So here is the question, is this a common thing? or is this something wrong on my end? I have my system specs here:

cpu: Intel Core i3-3220

gpu: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660

memory: 8 GB

Now, I have to admit. I do not know much about technical things, this is why I am looking for help here. But from what I understand my computer should be able to run the game right? If not just say so and I'll de-install the game and say goodbye.

Message 1 of 4 (490 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Constant crashing when loading a level

★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry yep got a new CPU, works great now! Thank you for the reply anyway.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (396 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@DuvainFeynorim 

I'm afraid your CPU is below the minimum system requirements to run the game. While you might be able to load it up, we can't guarantee it will give you the Star Wars Battlefront II experience you're looking for.

You could always try running the game in the lowest resolution, settings, and windowed mode to help avoid crashes. However, that is a piece of hardware we recommend upgrading.

Star Wars Battlefront II System Requirements

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/star-wars/star-wars-battlefront-2#store-page-section-requirem...

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 4 (448 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry yep got a new CPU, works great now! Thank you for the reply anyway.
Message 3 of 4 (397 Views)

Community Manager

@DuvainFeynorim 

Fantastic! May the Force be with you. Standard smile

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 4 (388 Views)