Constant crashing since July patch

by AverageAnus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Constant crashing since July patch

★★ Novice

Star Wars Battlefront II crashes constantly ever since the game updated in July.

Prior to this update everything worked fine (minus a few frame drops here and there). 
I've tried everything under the sun. Clearing cache, re-installing, deleting the Star Wars folder in my documents folder, the list goes on...

I have several crash dump files that (presumably) document the crashes.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 9 (981 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Constant crashing since July patch

★★ Novice

I've found out that my RAM was full of errors after running Memtest86. I've replaced the faulty RAM with my old healthy ones. 
Will update the thread after testing the game's stability.

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (803 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team
Hey, @AverageAnus,  make sure that all drivers for windows and your gpu drivers are up to date. 

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with SWBF2 and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic
Message 2 of 9 (939 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Atic
Everything is up to date, tried clean boot, none worked. I don't use nor have any overlays enabled.

Message 3 of 9 (888 Views)

★★ Novice

I should add that after every crash I have to repair the game otherwise it won't launch.

Message 4 of 9 (879 Views)

★ Guide

Someone told me that this is an issue DICE is already working on.  From what I understand what causes the crash is simple.  Okay basically in games like "Capital Supremacy" when you enter second phase everyone is mashing the A button all at the same time to try for a Hero.  This causes the crash.

Message 5 of 9 (828 Views)

★★ Novice

@Starmasui73146 
So spamming buttons in one mode literally crashes ALL other clients in ANY other mode? I play singleplayer and it'll crash.
I don't think my problem is related to the situation you're referencing.

Message 6 of 9 (813 Views)

★★ Novice

I've found out that my RAM was full of errors after running Memtest86. I've replaced the faulty RAM with my old healthy ones. 
Will update the thread after testing the game's stability.

Message 7 of 9 (804 Views)

★★ Novice

Faulty RAM seems to have been the problem, played for about an hour and no crashes were encountered. 

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Message 8 of 9 (796 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@AverageAnus: Yeah, sounds like your crashing issue is totally another bug entirely. That's a bummer.  Faulty RAM?  Hmmmm okay, so your on P.C.? Well glad you so far solved the issue.Standard smile

Message 9 of 9 (760 Views)