Re: Constant crashes

by Yopodust

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Constant crashes

★★★★ Novice

The game has become unplayable due to constant crashes.
I had no issues before the patch.

Literally, every session ends with a random crash to desktop - both campaign and multiplayer. The game freezes, the sound keeps going for a few seconds, and then crashes to desktop with no error message  - system remains stable, no need for a reboot.

I've tried pretty much everything that was suggested around here: uptaded Windows & GPU drivers checked game integrity in Steam, created a page file on the SSD the game is actually installed on (even though I already had one on another drive), lowered Volumetric stuff to Medium & Low and even tried the goddamn clean boot. Nothing worked.

Message 1 of 27 (3,194 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

Just finished a long session, played all game modes without any crashes, so lowering rez to 1080p seems to have done the trick.

Hope they find and fix the underlying issue soon, though.

@momouk32  Double check that your Volumetric Quality is set to medium...maybe try low as well? Hope it works.

View in thread

Message 8 of 27 (3,066 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

Please include your dxdiag.txt file in a reply. Maybe we can resolve your issue? 

Message 2 of 27 (3,164 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I may have found a temporary solution - lowering the display resolution to 1920 x 1080 (was running at 1440p). I saw that a couple of people posted this in a few threads.

In a single session, I managed to finish a mission story, the Fleet tutorial, and three dogfight matches without crashing. I'm cautiously optimistic at this point, will test some more tomorrow. Fingers crossed! 

Anyway, here's my dxdiag file, thanks for the help.

Message 3 of 27 (3,152 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@JustPec I also experience crashes and run the game at 1440.

Interesting; I'll reluctantly try running at 1080, see if it helps.
Message 4 of 27 (3,121 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm getting constant crashes as well.

Seems like my GPU shuts off but ONLY in this game.

It shuts down my GPU but leaves my motherboard, cpu, lights and everything on

Message 5 of 27 (3,111 Views)

★ Guide

Mmmmmhh, i think i heard about that.Confused

Oh yes, i have the same problem, hard ctd, black screen, my gpu reaches 99%.....

I can t play i have to wait until devs fixed some bugs...hopefully

Message 6 of 27 (3,101 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I went down to 1080p from 1440 and tried again. Game still crashes in fleet battles when I attack raiders, cruisers etc and when there's a lot of fire / explosion / shield effects etc. 

Message 7 of 27 (3,084 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just finished a long session, played all game modes without any crashes, so lowering rez to 1080p seems to have done the trick.

Hope they find and fix the underlying issue soon, though.

@momouk32  Double check that your Volumetric Quality is set to medium...maybe try low as well? Hope it works.

Message 8 of 27 (3,067 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Nevermind, crashes are back.

Didn't change a single thing myself...have no idea what other fixes to try.

Stay away from this game, get a refund if you still can, maybe buy it when/if they eventually fix it.

It's a [Removed - CM] right now.

Message 9 of 27 (3,010 Views)

★ Apprentice

I cannot progress past Mission 2. Every time I start the game up on my PC the game will crash-to-desktop (CTD) after about one to two seconds of loading the next part of the Story/Campaign when I start up the game again. I had no problems playing through the Prologue/Tutorial sections and I finished Mission 1. A few days ago I finished Mission 2 and then closed the game so I could work on something else, but since I closed the game that last time I just cannot progress when I click the "Story" button in the main menu because it always immediately crashes-to-desktop after a very brief black loading screen. I already tried reducing resolution and changing most of the major graphical settings but had no success and the CTD bug after Mission 2 is finished is still continuing.

Game Settings:

--------------------

-All graphical quality settings are enabled and set to maximum quality

-The native in-game rendering resolution is set to 3840x2160p (4K) + TAA with zero downsampling or upsampling

with HDR enabled and VSYNC on at 60 Hz 

-Audio/volume settings all 100% and set to output 5.1 channel surround sound

-All key bindings and control settings are set to default

-Input method is default mouse + keyboard

My PC Specs:

-------------------

Monitor: 40" Samsung UN40-MU7000 4K-UHDTV with HDR-10

Mouse: Corsair 

Keyboard: Corsair

Sound Card: Creative SoundBlaster ZxR dB Pro 5.1 channel DTS Neural:X  24-bit 96000 Hz dedicated PCI-Express x4 sound card with very latest official Creative drivers

Graphics Card: EVGA/Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC Ultra 11GB K1A1 top-binned GPU PCI-Express x16 with very latest official Nvidia GeForce drivers

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (activated and licensed)

OS Drive: Samsung 970 PRO 1.0 TB M.2 NVMe SSD (Squadrons is also installed on this same SSD along with the OS and Steam) with latest firmware

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.5 GHz all-cores stable OC with 4 cores, 8 threads and Hyperthreading with latest firmware

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X G1 Gaming Ultra Durable Motherboard with very latest official UEFI firmware and drivers

Any help is appreciated greatly, thank you! Standard smile

Message 10 of 27 (2,950 Views)