Re: Constant VR Crashing in Fleet Battles

by Elegost77

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Constant VR Crashing in Fleet Battles

★★ Apprentice

First off, I have tried EVERY fix suggested by players and devs.  This is 100% the game at fault here and not my system.  Every time I enter a fleet battle the game crashes from VR every time without fail.  Then every time I am shot down in a fleet battle, it crashes without fail.  I have changed my resolution, windowed mode, drivers, overlays, graphical settings, page files, etc.  NOTHING works.  Each crash is also accompanied by a gpu 3d spike of 100% a second before the crash.  Idk what could be causing this but my system is well above the recommended specs and no settings fixes it.  It would be nice to see some sort of confirmation that devs do not think the issue is resolved as of last Sunday's patch and are working on a fix, because it is FAR from fixed and just in the "community tips" category of fixes here.  This bug makes the game completely unplayable when every death and load means a restart of the game. 

Message 1 of 5 (358 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

After I came to this thread I realized I had one of the random control setting resets today, and had remapped everything except Graphics.

Both Video sections were set back to Auto.

Dropped them to custom and set Volumetric to Low, worked fine.

Finished an entire Fleet Battle in VR.

Not sure it helps you, but I came here with same problem and was having the EXACT same symptoms, that was my fix.

Edited this post four times as I went through the process lol.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (253 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
@Elegost77 I know you say you tried everything, and most likely already tried to lower the Volumetric Quality, but did you ensure you had it turned to low on both the VR settings AND the flat settings? For some reason, the flat settings also affect VR so both have to be turned to low.

VR should not be affected by this, and it is clearly a bug. I also wonder if the stuttering and ghosting issue is from a post process you can't turn off in the flat version or something.

Either way I hope it helps.
Message 2 of 5 (325 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

after todays patch - constant crashes

Message 3 of 5 (315 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@LemonyNebula Thanks but yes I've already tried that as well on both. Volumetric quality does absolutely nothing for me unfortunately.
Message 4 of 5 (302 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

After I came to this thread I realized I had one of the random control setting resets today, and had remapped everything except Graphics.

Both Video sections were set back to Auto.

Dropped them to custom and set Volumetric to Low, worked fine.

Finished an entire Fleet Battle in VR.

Not sure it helps you, but I came here with same problem and was having the EXACT same symptoms, that was my fix.

Edited this post four times as I went through the process lol.

Message 5 of 5 (254 Views)