Constant Packet Loss

by jamesbond230

Original Post

Re: Constant Packet Loss

★★★★ Novice

yeah i feel like it’s my connection to ea servers maybe? every other game i play: rocket league, rainbow six, etc work fine so i’m not sure if it’s my internet or my connection to ea servers. i’ll try to play right now to see if it works because it’s an on and off issue.

Message 21 of 31 (849 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i’ve played about 5 games and it doesn’t seem to be happening now, i have no idea what it is but if it stops i’ll no longer reply and if it does i’ll keep you updated.

Message 22 of 31 (843 Views)

Champion
@jamesbond230 May i know if you use Cable or Wifi

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 23 of 31 (836 Views)

★★★★ Novice

wifi, but cable makes no difference to my ping

Message 24 of 31 (819 Views)

★★★★ Novice

of course when i thought everything was ok it comes back... in ranked too

Message 25 of 31 (803 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@jamesbond230 I've been having this problem too. I'm experiencing massive packet loss and the ping is not great either.

The ping before was 48-54 but now is all over the place sometimes going upwards of 190 to 200.
All this started with the COVID quarantine for me.
I'm located in India and play on pc. There are no reports online about this and upon going to EA Help to check the server status I'm presented with this:

"We’ve temporarily changed our support hours to limit any risk to our employees who are in a region with an elevated risk of coronavirus.

New Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m, UTC Monday - Saturday".

It shows me this even when I visit the site at the right time
Message 26 of 31 (780 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Kent I've been having this problem on pc and went through all the troubleshooting procedures mentioned by EA Help and nothing fixed it.

After going through a couple of posts in this forum it is evident that this is a problem that a large number of players have been experiencing so why not pass this on to the devs and maybe look into it.
I know that given the COVID quarantine, this is not a reasonable thing to ask but at least acknowledging that the problem exists will allow people to avoid unnecessary headaches.
Message 27 of 31 (776 Views)

★★★★ Novice

For me it seems to be less common now, but still a thing. Yesterday i played around 20 games in ranked and out of those i had packer loss throughout 2 matches then it disappeared again. I have no clue anymore

Message 28 of 31 (773 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Get good

Message 29 of 31 (550 Views)

★ Novice

Hello Kent,

Propably, i have the same problem. Specifically, about a month i have been experiencing  congestion, delays, prediction errors but what it is inevitable is the constant packet loss. I have already tried many things(all trouble shooting methods of EA, i tried to contact one of the empoyees but only a bot showed up  which did nothing(It asked my name , i answered and it said to me ..'was i helpful?'..what can i say...), tried different MTU sizes, used a paid VPN, asked my ISP(not my fault i can not do much), check my connection,etc ) but nothing really helped. I would appreciate, for real , your concern and help because i do not know what to do. Apex is a good game but how can i support if EA does not show any concern about its clients. I submit to you my UOT results and i wish you would check them out.

Regards, BLUEFODAN

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 30 of 31 (512 Views)