Constant Packet Loss

by jamesbond230

Original Post

Constant Packet Loss

★★★★ Novice

Hello. Ever since tuesday i’ve been getting very bad packet loss in apex. I’ve tried everything: restart xbox, restart internet, soft reset console, reinstall apex, and nothing is making it work like normal. My internet stats are 40mbps download constant and 10mbps upload so it can’t be my internet speed the server selection also says i’m getting no packet loss whatsoever and under 20 ping.Its physically unplayable, so a fix would be nice.

Thanks,

James

Message 1 of 31 (2,971 Views)

Re: Constant Packet Loss

★★★★ Novice

interesting it seems to only be kings canyon (a competitive game mode) that i’m lagging on and i’ve got a ban for leaving because the lag is unbearable 🤦‍♂️

Message 2 of 31 (2,955 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @jamesbond230

Let's try running through some troubleshooting steps to see if we can help out with this. A good place to start would be with the basic connectivity troubleshooting steps over at the EA Help website. 

If you're still having trouble with packet loss after that check out the Xbox-specific steps as well. Let me know if you're still running into the same issues after that. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 3 of 31 (2,888 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello again, I've been testing multiple things, such as lag in other games and when i get packet loss in apex. It seems to be on and off and it usually happens on ranked (kings canyon). I've done the steps you have told me to and they haven't changed much, maybe reduced the packet loss but thats it. I downloaded the UO program and it says my packet loss is 0 on everything but 2 ips. I can send my results if you need them.

Message 4 of 31 (2,874 Views)

★★★★ Novice

After trying to play some more its happening completely randomly, its happening on worlds edge too

Message 5 of 31 (2,864 Views)

Community Manager

@jamesbond230 

Can you direct message me those UO Trace results when you have a chance? 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 31 (2,848 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ive sent you my results. This is very strange because i was playing just fine about an hour ago and i came off for a break, and after logging back onto apex im getting packet loss. Ive been testing my internet speed and every time ive tested its been over 40mbps so it cant be my internet, also considering my ping in other games is completely normal (under 12ms). Apex says im getting around 20 ping even when this packet loss is occuring. something else ive noticed is i cant connect to the lobby, itll just keep saying "connecting to lobby".

Hope this can get figured out soon so i can start playing again properly.

Thanks,

James

Message 7 of 31 (2,779 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello,

im experiencing something exactly the same. At first I though it was my WiFi, then I thought it was other devices bugging it out, then I tried the xbox itself.

i then then wired in the Xbox and same issue as you describe.

i have done tests on my connection and it’s

0% packet loss

23 latency

40ds

11us

so no reason to lag. It seems to be progressional, I can play for a couple of games before the packet loss logo arrives deeming it almost unplayable.

please assist  

Message 8 of 31 (2,764 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent It also causes a connection error when attempting to leave the match once the lag has triggered in the game
Message 9 of 31 (2,761 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@jamesbond230 Same here
Message 10 of 31 (2,743 Views)