Constant Packet Loss

by DeviantWolf

Original Post

Constant Packet Loss

★★ Apprentice

I can't play this game. I'm trying to enjoy it, especially after the latest update, but there is nothing but constant packet loss. I have tried adjusting my DNS settings, adjusted graphics, Crossplay ON and OFF, every mode, but nothing seems to make it better.

Message 1 of 7 (289 Views)

Re: Constant Packet Loss

★★ Expert
@DeviantWolf ya need to check youre network settings!
make sure there is no network app/program running in the background !
Disable One drive , dropbox , torrent downloaders ect ect ect !
Make sure no one else in youre network is downloading/uploading !!

cheers
Message 2 of 7 (266 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've done that, but sadly no change. I disabled any non-essential programs on startup as well.

Message 3 of 7 (260 Views)

★★ Expert
@DeviantWolf try a cleanboot please !
Cleanboot / Msconfig

reboot pc by a clean boot:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-...
Hide all Microsoft services, DISABLE (uncheck) ALL other processes, apps and services !

Cleanboot is just a one time clean boot ! Next reboot all will be reset and a normal boot will be occure.
Use msconfig to disable apps permanent each for new reboot.
DISABLE ALL other processes, apps and services from booting with windows, check instructions below:
Use the keyboard shortcut “Windows Key + R” and the “Run” window will open.
In the text box, typ MSCONFIG and press Enter or OK and the MsConfig window will open".
Select the tab STARTUP (select OPEN TASK MANAGER), and disable apps/programs by right click at them!
Those disabled apps will no longer boot with Windows , till ya set them enabled again !

keep us updated !
Message 4 of 7 (252 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Sorry for the late response

Your suggestions helped for about a week and then returned, unfortunately. Made sure nothing was changed in the services, and re-checked everything asked to do so, but to no avail.

Message 5 of 7 (209 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I'm convinced that this is a Dice/EA server problem... I had never had a packet loss issue for years playing BF games up until BFV. Even then I played V for probably over a year, maybe 2 before it started cropping up. I started getting packet loss that was so severe it was tanking my entire internet connection.

I thought it was an ISP issue since it wasn't just the game that was affected, but I soon learned from alt-f4ing the game that everything would return to normal. I started experimenting when it'd happen I'd immediately alt-f4 and start up a completely different online game: no packet loss. I'd alt-f4 that game and go immediately right back into BFV and there was the packet loss and internet tanked on the PC again. It was just BFV affecting my entire internet connection with it's packet loss.

I eventually moved apartments, and it kept happening. I built a new PC. I got a new modem, faster speeds, and still had it cropping up once in a while. Over this time I'd also reinstalled Windows at least once if not twice on the newer PC. That's two separate apartments, in two neighboring towns, with two separate modems, two PC builds, and multiple fresh Windows installs the issue persisted. Same ISP.

I tried going back to older titles and it was sometimes happening in them too, BF4 and BF1 had it happening, but while during those games' supported life in years past I NEVER used to have a problem.

Luckily for me, they seem to have been fixing some of the issues over time, as I very very rarely get any packet loss anymore, and when it does happen it's only a few seconds of it at a time, and only one day every few months or so... but it's still a lingering reminder.

I'm sorry I couldn't help, but I wanted to add my experience to tell you you're not alone. One of my friends has it real real bad in BFV too like right now, just like I did in BFV earlier. His game becomes unplayable and he just quits.

Message 6 of 7 (186 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I downloaded Battlefield V just to compare if any issues and didn't have a problem playing the game. Never had such a problem on previous titles just curious as what it is about 2042 and hopefully won't happen to future titles as well.

Message 7 of 7 (159 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help