Re: Constant Packet Loss & Frame Issues

by AIopias

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Constant Packet Loss & Frame Issues

★★★ Novice

Hey there!

I am on Playstation 5 at the moment. Last year and this July, I was having the Packet Loss symbol constantly show. This caused major frame drops. 

It was initially fixed by the solution in this post, but starting this July, it started up again. I made another forum post with not much luck until Emergence was released, in which my problems went away and everything went smooth until tonight.

Last night my internet was down, most likely for maintenance, and it has been fine today when playing other games. There have been no other issues. I log into Apex and the Packet Loss symbol persists. I restarted my console, the router. I made my DNS automatic, I switched to Wifi instead of LAN. I did everything possible laid out in the Connectivity Help pages that were linked to me in the original post I made last year, and still nothing fixed it. 

Because this is a reoccurring problem with a seemingly inconsistent fix, I have no idea what to do. I would really appreciate the help. 

Message 1 of 11 (708 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team
@AIopias do you have a 4g device at home that you can try to use a network device. Make sure that the device is not connected to wifi.

/Atic

View in thread

Message 7 of 11 (570 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@AIopiasI’m having similar issues, but with code:net. I cannot play at all, and I can’t even get into the menu screen without being shown a white screen than the error, it’s not my connection I known damn well. I even bought the battle pass but can’t even complete it due to my issue, this can happen for days on end rendering me unable to play.

Message 2 of 11 (666 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Xniop I can get into the menu screen, into games, and choose my character. Everything is normal there, including frames. The packet loss and frame drops start once I'm in the dropship and then throughout the entire game. It shouldn't be my connection either, considering the issue was fixed with the update that brought Emergence.

Message 3 of 11 (658 Views)

★ Novice

Same, if I do manage to get into the game it stutters and lags beyond belief. Than my whole game crashes, if I rejoin the game is still says code net is the culprit 

Message 4 of 11 (655 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey, @AIopias @Xniop have you tried our connective guide and see if that helps? 

Let us know what you tried.

/Atic 

Message 5 of 11 (611 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic Yes. I have tried those connectivity steps as well as the Playstation specific ones. None of it has ever helped.

The only thing that worked in the past was setting a manual DNS to a public Google server. But now that's not working. 

Message 6 of 11 (599 Views)

EA DICE Team
@AIopias do you have a 4g device at home that you can try to use a network device. Make sure that the device is not connected to wifi.

/Atic
Message 7 of 11 (571 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic Yes I do. Do you want me to try using it as a Hotspot or something? 

Message 8 of 11 (560 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic Hey! I was just able to test, assuming you meant a hotspot. I just used it and things went smoothly, but I don't know why it would work with a hotspot vs my internet. My internet speed is fine and fast. Could it be my NAT type? (It's type 2). My DNS is manual to a Google Public server. Overall, using my ethernet is just fine for other games. What is the underlying issue and how can I get it fixed? I really don't want to have to use a hotspot every time I play Apex. 

Message 9 of 11 (525 Views)

EA DICE Team
The data your network is routing for you most likely hitting bad server hubs before connecting to us. I wold reach out to ISP and see if they can help out on that. @AIopias

/Atic
Message 10 of 11 (509 Views)