Constant Frame Lag

by AIopias

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Constant Frame Lag

★★★ Novice

Hello!

A while back last year or further, I was having frame issues. I was eventually told to set my DNS to a Google public server, with the primary being 8.8.8.8. and the secondary being 8.8.4.4. That worked tremendously for months.

I've played off and on and it's been fine. The last time I played was when Valkyrie and the Bocek came out. I just started playing tonight after a while. Initially I was connected to the automatic DNS. Frames were bad, and so I then connected to the public Google DNS. This time, it didn't fix the problem. I'm currently playing on PS5 with a Wired LAN connection, and I don't have this problem anywhere else. For apex, I'm using the Oregon 1 server I believe, and it's giving me pings below 50. 

Is there something I can do to fix this? 

Message 1 of 7 (561 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Constant Frame Lag

EA DICE Team
After the latest patch still seeing issues? @AIopias

/Atic

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (444 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@AIopias  What troubleshooting steps did you also do in the past and what region are you in? 

/Atic 

Message 2 of 7 (519 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic Hellol

I'm currently in NA, up in Washington state and connecting to an Oregon data center.

In the past, I was told to go through the basic connectivity steps on EA's help page, as well as the PS4 specific steps (since I was on ps4 at the time). Neither of those things helped.

The only symbol I ever really see while I play is the Packet Loss symbol. Menus are fine, but coming out of the dropship I get some big frame losses, where the jumpship skips forward. Actually flying down into an area is somewhat smooth, as well as looting and running. During matches, the only things that seem to lag and skip are other players, including my teammates. During fights I'm able to do damage and even get knocks, but damage on mine and their side seems delayed.

So far the only thing I haven't done is switch data centers, but when I looked last night, it had a low ping. 

Message 3 of 7 (508 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic

Hello. Just a reminder that this is still unresolved. I just got back into the game and the packet loss symbol still persists.

Message 4 of 7 (476 Views)

EA DICE Team
After the latest patch still seeing issues? @AIopias

/Atic
Message 5 of 7 (445 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic Nope! That seemed to fix it! Everything is smooth. Thank you! 

Message 6 of 7 (419 Views)

EA DICE Team
Great to hear! @AIopias

/Atic
Message 7 of 7 (370 Views)