Constant Crashing - Steam Version

by EvilApprenticeAD

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Constant Crashing - Steam Version

★★★★ Novice

I crashed out of 4/4 dogfights last night, and it's infuriating. Before 2.0 I was crashing occasionally, but not 4 games in a row, all within the first 3 minutes of each game. I hate seeing the leaver penalty (even if my queue's have been pretty fast) as I've never intentionally left a game - just crashed out of it.

Tonight, I actually got to play 2 entire dog fight rounds. When I exited the queue to mess around with with my Tie Reaper loadout, the came crashed again. Fun fact, I wasn't even near my PC - 0 input from me, left my PC on the loadout screen, returned 2 minutes later to my desktop.

Crashes are always just the game, straight to desktop, no error codes or anything of that sort.

Here are the measure's I've already taken

Volumetric Quality set to low

Nvidia drivers up to date

Steam/Origin/Nvidia GeForce Experience Overlays all set to off

Windows up to date and in Game Mode

Game files verified by Steam

PC Specs

Windows 10 pro

Ryzen 5 3600

16gb Ram

Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11GB Graphic Cards GV-N108TAORUS X-11GD

Asus Prime x470 pro MB

Input - Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas One

Does anyone else have any other advice?

Message 1 of 19 (1,005 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Constant Crashing - Steam Version

★★ Novice

bro i just had something weird happen and it seems to have worked, can i ask if you are using display port or hdmi? 

View in thread

Message 19 of 19 (699 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey, @EvilApprenticeAD . Can you try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Star Wars: Squadrons and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 19 (918 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

LOVE the canned response your almost BOT status now ... 

Message 3 of 19 (868 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Unsurprisingly, Clean boot did absolutely nothing for me. I had to turn some Steam services and the services for my HOTAS back on (since Steam is the platform I purchased the game on and I'm using a Hotas for this flight combat game), but nothing else.

Here's the Dxdiag dump. I'd absolutely love it if I could actually play the game I paid for, But honestly, I Don't have high hopes.

Message 4 of 19 (826 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I seem to crash most often when loading into the game. Especially so when I load in after a death, if I touch my controls quickly after loading in I tend to crash.

Message 5 of 19 (773 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'd really like a solution, please.

I'm STILL crashing every 2-3 games.

I've literally ALWAYS had leaver penalty since it's inception despite never once purposefully leaving a game.

I just want to enjoy the game i paid for.

Please.

Message 6 of 19 (755 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EvilApprenticeAD You and me both. Crashed in every match i got into, then got the leaver penalty. Got so fed up i shut everything down for a day, came back, made sure all my drivers were UTD, reinstalled the game, and everything was savvy... now i cant even get into a match. and i still have leaver penalty
Message 7 of 19 (729 Views)

★★★★ Novice

At this point I've done literally everything I can think of, including turning off SMT for my AMD CPU and scaling back my "ludicrous" 200mhz CPU overclock (Which no other game has had an issue with btw) and bringing it back to stock.

I've disabled my anti-virus.

I've launched the game as administrator.

I've completely deleted and reinstalled.

I'm at my wits end. I posted the DxDiag.

Can someone please help me get to point where I can enjoy this game?

Message 8 of 19 (708 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

A brilliant idea just struck me. I'm going to post on this topic every time I crash.

Just crashed again, respawning after a death in Dogfight.

First time playing the game since my last post - crashed about 7 games in (though 4 of those games I joined midway through and got very little time in game).

Message 9 of 19 (701 Views)

★★★★ Novice

First time playing since my last report.

Crashed out of practice mode while trying to choose an enemy squadron to deploy. Got to play for about 10 minutes, deployed 2 enemy squadrons prior with no issues, crashing trying to pick the 3rd.

Message 10 of 19 (667 Views)