Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Breakthrough
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen? ALL
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 24.04.19 16:30
Summarize your bug When I start to get shot and low health I will move to cover. The problem is that even after I am behind cover and out of sight I am still taking bullet damage. I am only complaining about cases where I am WELL BEHIND FULL COVER without any bullet penetration. These deaths occur by players with 80-200 PING. I also receive instant deaths to these players.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play game
What happens when the bug occurs? High ping players have advantage that cannot be countered.
What should be happening instead? You should be able to react and SURVIVE any situation if played correctly.

NA

Message 1 of 15 (3,663 Views)

Re: Consistently getting killed behind cover

★★★ Novice

i do get a bit annoyed at this kind of stuff. people firing through a vehicle hitting me? people killing me so quick i didnt even shoot 1 bullet back when i saw them first! yesterday i got killed twice within a few mins but i shot the player 99% coincidence? nope... when they are loosing i get shot much faster so they can catch up. i loose all 50/50's and sometimes people kill me with a single handgun shot? im just like wow whats happened here i cant do anything right anymore.also matches get heavly one sided too fast..cant you just jump a couple of good players onto the loosing side to even it up a bit? when your 100 spawns down seems like opposition are mob handed round every corner. i give up sometimes and go and find a quiet corner rather than mess up my k/d ratio walking into loads of sad campers or repeated ambushes... ☺

Message 2 of 15 (3,607 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes, I thought it was just me. I have also noticed that lately I have been getting hit while well behind substantial cover. 

Message 3 of 15 (3,587 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Generally called time lag armor. The delay is affecting. As you point out, that happens with high ping players. In addition, there is an object that the bullet penetrates even if it is very rare. It happens especially in Arras.

Message 4 of 15 (3,568 Views)

★★ Pro

@ORANGE-EXPRESS @GiantRaven @Badassbungle 

Thank you for your replies. Part of the problem is the TTD Bug that has been in the game since launch where 100% of the bullets fired get stacked into a single frame and you have no time to react. DEFINITELY still a major BUG in the game.

And the high ping deaths seem to be a bigger problem in BFV than they have ever been in any other game. I get killed a full 1-2 seconds after getting behind a SOLID wall by high ping players with 100-200 ping. There should be at least SOME region/PING locked servers for people who don't want out of region cheaters.

These two issues are the #1 factors that are ruining BFV for me.

Message 5 of 15 (3,550 Views)

★★★ Novice

Wow at least i know whats happening now thanks for the info. i thought the players were getting way too good but its a lag thing. usually ill get 3-5 kills per game that i don't think were genuine or really bad luck. its worse when someone creeps up on you from behind and boom with a shotgun. or your swapping or reloading just as somone runs your way, your dead before go side arm or fire a single shot. thats bad luck.

Message 6 of 15 (3,530 Views)

★★ Pro

@BadassbungleExactly. Shame that there are so many bad deaths in the game because it ruins the experience more than anything.

Message 7 of 15 (3,523 Views)

★★ Pro

Was getting shot around corners a lot this morning. Mostly players with 80-150 ping.

Message 8 of 15 (3,496 Views)

EA DICE Team

That ping would be a factor for that kind of death in the game, @Adman_Tor 

What region are you in? 

/Atic

Message 9 of 15 (3,480 Views)

★★ Pro

@EA_AticI am in North America East. My own ping never goes above 35. The players killing me behind cover / around corners are 80-200. There should be at least SOME region/ping locked servers for people who don't want out of region cheaters.

Message 10 of 15 (3,475 Views)