by rockstarrem

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Consistent crashing when starting certain races

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: Need for Speed: Unbound
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug When starting certain races, the game crashes to desktop and I lose all currency for the time period
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? One of the races is "Corner King" where it happens 100% of the time.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game crashes to desktop.
What do you expect to see? The game not crashing to desktop.

The board will not allow me to attach a zip file of the crash dumps or the crash dump file itself so I have uploaded it to MEGA: https://mega.nz/file/h2oFRRAQ#UEJHfoSm085OmPt0v1AGjfZiJImUgY47Uuat2eNxZVE 

If there is more information I can provide please let me know.

Message 1 of 19 (1,079 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Consistent crashing when starting certain races

★★ Novice

have you tried lowering the transfer speeds on your ram to the base speeds if youre using DDR4 try lowering it to 2133mhz and if youre on DDR5 try lowering it to 4400mhz. Ive managed to play for an hour and a half no crashes.

View in thread

Message 13 of 19 (1,138 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

Having the same problem, consistent CTD on the Inner City Circuit track during the Corner King event on the second night. Tried validating files and doing a DDU reinstall of latest NV driver to no avail.

Message 2 of 19 (1,040 Views)

★★ Novice

This is really preliminary and I absolutely cannot guarantee it will continue to work, but, deleting both the cache folder in Documents\Need For Speed(TM) Unbound and the folder  GAME_FOLDER\shadercache seems to have fixed it. I am not sure if this is going to reappear or not but figured I'd let you know.

Message 3 of 19 (989 Views)

EA DICE Team

@rockstarrem @Rallymen007  Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Also can write down on what races you are getting ti on. 

/Atic 

Message 4 of 19 (945 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atichere you go, and the only race I got it was the one I mentioned in my original post, I'll update if I encounter more issues and if the fix rockstarrem mentioned in the previous post does anything

Message 5 of 19 (919 Views)

★ Novice

Hi I'm crashing on Corner King - Inner City Circuit every time.  I tried deleting shader caches like others suggested to no avail.  What sucks is that it eats your entry fee when it happens, so I've lost $6k, plus no easy way to make it back Frown

Message 6 of 19 (897 Views)

★★★★ Novice

UPDATE: got the crash again on the same race a few nights later, deleted both cache folders (documents and game folder) and it went away, game was unbeliveably stuttery for a bit after that (probably because it's rebuilding a lot of shaders in the background) but it definitely works as a workaround.

Message 7 of 19 (890 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm glad it worked for you, @Rallymen007. I have not gotten the crash since.

@EA_Atic, here are my specs. The race is the same one everyone here has said.

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900KF

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090

RAM: 32GB DDR4

If you need more info let me know. I just didn't want to upload the entire dxdiag file.

Message 8 of 19 (878 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yep, getting too constant directx crashes. All fine on PC no issue hardware/software OS related

Message 9 of 19 (853 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hi @KrystaGG, @rockstarrem, do you have anything overclocked?

/Atic

Message 10 of 19 (799 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help