Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Consistent Stuttering/frame dropping during movement

by Bismage

Original Post

Consistent Stuttering/frame dropping during movement

★★★★ Newbie

A few days after the Voidwalker event launched, my game started suffering an incredible amount of visual stuttering while during movement. I have all my in-game settings on the lowest they can be. I normally play on a 1440p 144hz monitor, and have tried adjusting the in-game resolution but that did not make any difference. I have updated all my drivers. I disabled Origin In-Game. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Apex Legends. The game was running fine and then out of nowhere it starts stuttering/significant frame dropping anytime I start looking around with my mouse (think massive frame-drops), to the point where the game is almost unplayable because of it. What could be the issue here and how can I fix it?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

PC Specs

Intel i7-8700k at 3.4GHz

Asus ROG GTX 1080

16GB Installed Ram

Message 1 of 4 (175 Views)

Re: Consistent Stuttering/frame dropping during movement

★★★★ Novice

Basically the EasyAntiCheat issue is back once again. I can confirm heavy FPS drop too.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Framerate-drop-after-update/m-p/8174724/highlight/true#M5...

Message 2 of 4 (162 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i was having the same problem too but now alr solved, and now having a diffrent issue atm .

this how i fix ur issue , try to change ur polling rate on ur mouse . i was on 1000 but when i change it on 125 it's pretty smooth now .

Message 3 of 4 (103 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Setting polling rate to lower didn't help at all

Message 4 of 4 (78 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help