Re: Connectivity issues high ping since around 3rd of April 2019 (mainland China

by clownytheclown

Original Post

Connectivity issues high ping since around 3rd of April 2019 (mainland China)

★★ Novice

Dear EA, 

I bought BFV last weekend and I enjoyed playing it quite a lot. However since mid of this week I am experiencing extremely high ping levels (200ms) which makes it impossible  to play the game! I am really really frustrated with this issue, especially as I didn’t experience any issues when I first bought the game.

Some further details

-I am playing in a PS4 Pro

-I am located in Mainland China

-other games of you, such as Titan Fall 2 and Apex don’t have these issues (see attachments)

-I play(ed) BFV in Japanese servers before the issue as I had the best ping there (around 50ms)

Message 1 of 6 (518 Views)

Re: Connectivity issues high ping since around 3rd of April 2019 (mainland China

Hero (Retired)

Hey @clownytheclown

Thanks for all the information you've provided.

Have you tried these connection steps?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/console/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-playstation/

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks Standard smile 

★★ Novice

Yes I have tried all the suggested steps and none of them had an impact on my online performance with BFV. As mentioned previously and shown by my screenshots, I only have this problem with BFV. My other EA games work just fine at least on GCE servers in Asia (new does anyone know what GCE stands for!?) Anyway I assume that Dice and EA are messing with the servers and probably removed the GCE server types -.- 

anyone official from EA care to comment on this assumption? 

Message 3 of 6 (462 Views)

★★ Novice

Seriously no one official from EA cares to comment on this? Sorry but this is the most disgusting customer service I have ever received. EA really deserves the title for worst company in the US...

Message 4 of 6 (432 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Hello. Do you use a wired cable? Did you restart your modem or router?
Message 5 of 6 (425 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes and yes. When changing from WiFi to Ethernet I had a ping improvement of around 20ms, but it is still unplayable. Again, this is not a general problem of my internet connection or my ISP, this is a BFV specific problem. Other EA games, such as Titan Fall 2 and Apex, worked perfectly fine as long as I use GCE servers (whatever those are). See the screenshots submitted in my initial post.

Message 6 of 6 (415 Views)