Connection to server timed out

by angrykhanda

Original Post

Connection to server timed out

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello, everyone!

First of all, sorry for my bad English. My problem firstly appeared during the patch, when Gibraltar and Caustic got 10% damage reduction. When I connect to a match I can see microlags while choosing legend stage, sometimes these lags lasts for more than a second and after that timer stops at one point and don't move at all, then after some time (10-30 seconds usually) game drops me to menu and show "Connection to server timed out (see more ...)"  This happens VERY OFTEN now, literally every second or third match, sometimes even in a row. 

I live in Tashkent, Uzbekistan which is really far from servers, but I have 110-120 ping to closest server Frankfurt 1 (It's my normal ping to EU servers in other games as well). I never had the same problem in other online games like Battlefield 1, Rainbow 6 Siege or PUBG. My friend from my city also has the same problem (he has another internet host), and we don't now what to do. I already chaged my DNS server, it helped at first week, but problem appeared again. I recorded this on video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo9Par0W5-k.  Sorry for low quality, I don't have much free space, and also right part of my screen wasn't recorded (don't know why). And about connection icons, sometimes no one display, sometimes all of them, yet most of all I have LATENCY and PREDICTION ERROR, rarely others. (icons on the photo below)

I hope for your help!

Message 1 of 5 (421 Views)

Re: Connection to server timed out

Community Manager

@angrykhanda 

The Code: Leaf error you're receiving (in the video) is something the Apex Legends team is working on addressing as soon as possible. We'll be providing an update in this thread once we hear more back from the team on it.

These steps could help improve connectivity though if you wanted to give them a try. We apologize for the impact it's having on your time with Apex Legends and we appreciate you reaching out to us on the forums. 

Basic Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Port Forwarding

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (396 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello again! I have an update  - this problem just dissapeared staring from release of new season. I was so glad... for a short time. At july 10, when Respawn updated the game and bring penalty for leaving back to the game, my problem appeared again, I dont know what they happend, because I changed nothing. Something in this update caused that again.

Additionaly, if my friends was afk or just lose time to quit during picking stage they got -MMR in ranked games or when we leave and left one teammate play solo, this situation is very unoleasent for me at first and I feel uncomfortable when I do this. At least we dont receive penalty for leanig and I hope we won't because this is not my fault that game gives me an error

Message 3 of 5 (354 Views)

★★ Novice

Just to add to this - what about code:wheel ?

I have been getting Leaf and Wheel for the past 40mins. I have managed to click play 25 - 50 times and instantly either get "Party not ready" (When SOLO Queueing.) or disconnected from lobby. 

Also, the link it gives out - ea.com/unable-to-connect is for FIFA18 on Console. Not for Apex or any general troubleshooting.

When is this going to be fixed? Has been happening to me and a few others (not to mention the hundreds that post on Reddit about it) for the past few days to a week.

Regards,

Message 4 of 5 (349 Views)

Community Manager

@Gh0styyy 

We are attempting to gather info from the community on the code errors here. For the "Party Not Ready" bug, we have another post on that here where we are also gathering info/troubleshooting. Can you join us in those posts please?

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 5 (345 Views)