Re: Connection to Servers Timed out - Network Bandwidth latency problems

by Caraboooom

Original Post

Connection to Servers Timed out - Network Bandwidth latency problems

★★★ Apprentice

So after having an awesome game of Grand Operations I decided to take a look at some options and restart the game. However as I got back in, I was unable to join -any- map or game mode again due to a network bandwidth error that popped up that claimed that I couldn't connect due to latency problems. But nothing as far as I can tell is wrong with my internet. And my previous match went flawlessly. 

What gives? Anyone else experiencing this problem? 

Message 1 of 14 (1,491 Views)

Community Manager

@Noxynoxnox Best thing to do is take a minute and go through the Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

You will need to ensure that you open the ports for Battlefield 1.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 14 (1,455 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Heya, no issues today whatsoever, I'm guessing it was just a momentary hickup or something. Really enjoying the game. Also I think I specified Battlefield V to be the culprit Wink
Message 3 of 14 (1,437 Views)

Community Manager

@Noxynoxnox Good to hear it's working for you now.

The reason I mentioned Battlefield 1 ports is due to the fact that as I understand it both games use the same ports so if the ports listed in the troubleshooting for Battlefield 1 are closed then you can have issues with Battlefield V.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 14 (1,403 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

All day long without playing for it.

Do not connect to any server, I've changed the Directx, audio, drivers, firewall, ports, I do not have antivirus ...

It's sad to miss one of the best moments of the game for a mistake.

Message 5 of 14 (1,371 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @Rhulen,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this.

Have you tried these connection steps as well?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Thanks Standard smile 

★★★★★ Novice

Resolved for a few games and stopped again

Message 7 of 14 (1,337 Views)

★★★★ Novice

All i can say is that this is the reason i did not buy the game but instead went for the origin premium.

i managed to play for the first few day's with no issues, now constantly this week i have the below message.

Capture.PNG

I have had this issue for years as have many many people , a quick search for this issue will show the threads mostly locked.

BF1 i had this issue, Battlefront 2 ended up with me just giving up and walking away as at one point it was a full 2 weeks and still no resolution.

Now i did not want to get bitten again so i went with Origin Premium and to see if the problem was still around, first few day's no problems and loving the game and now this week nothing but this error message.

i have tried all of the online videos/solutions for this issue.

i have lost count how many times i have followed the EA connection troubleshooting guide in the slim hope it might resolve my problem.

the only thing which has seemed to solve it over the last few days is a reset of the router, but even that has not helped this evening and i hate to say this but i think its time to finally give up.

This problem has been with me on 3 diffrent pc's as i upgrade normally once a year and also in different locations as i have moved house.

If anyone could give a definitiive answer on a fix i would be very happy, but i give up and each ticket that is raised normally has the reply of have you tried the ea troubleshooting connection page. Even when in the ticket you have linked the page and steps taken in trying to rectify this issue.

Message 8 of 14 (1,324 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Ok after a few more attempts trying to join my friends i actually loaded in, played 3 rounds and then left as i wanted to access my armoury and then when trying to rejoin boom the bandwidth error.

if i browse to the server it shows a ping of 22ms, so seriously there must be a reason for it as there is nothing wrong with my connection as during play i was in the 20's on the ping.

Have to laugh after looking at my post history.

Capture1.PNG

Message 9 of 14 (1,316 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Caraboooom

It's unfortunate to hear how long you've been experiencing that. Have you had the same ISP and router since it originally started?

For you and everyone else here as well. Port forwarding may resolve this issue. Here is an article with the list of port numbers/ranges for platforms and games. 

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

Hope that helps. Keep us updated.

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 14 (1,309 Views)