Re: Connection to EA online timed out - since purchasing the BF1 premium pass

by Opivy55

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

Hey @VleNik,

They generally do inform people via Social Media when they're experiencing any issues.

If you have Twitter, are you following the official Battlefield Twitter or the EA Help Twitter account?

Thanks Standard smile 

★★★ Novice

Absolute legend clickaus - did that, restarted Origin and it worked!

That just raises the question - how on earth is origin's graphical overlay causing issues with connectivity issues specific to OCE servers? What kind of spaghetti code is this?

Message 12 of 25 (931 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@ZODGODKINGIt wont last long trust me

Message 13 of 25 (911 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Its happening again which means it definately not happening at our end

Both my son and I havent been able to play for two days.

We go to join server

- get take back to server browser after a couple of secs

- get failed to join server error

- get Connection to EA online timed out latency error

Really over it and feel like we have wasted our hard earn on this flakey *

Message 14 of 25 (883 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, same. Super annoying.

Message 15 of 25 (835 Views)

★ Novice

Hey numpty...have you even checked twitter or such? There is no comments from EA re server problems there.   Stooge

Message 16 of 25 (803 Views)

★ Novice

...that was directed at 'illuminatemybrain'

Message 17 of 25 (802 Views)

★★★ Guide

@clickaus @ZODGODKING @Opivy55 & anyone else having this issue.

To help collect data on the issue 

What system do you play on?

Where are you geographically located? 

Who is your ISP?

What server region are you trying to connect to?

Message 18 of 25 (752 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issues 8 days now and have not been able to connect.I'm on PC

I am in New Zealand, and every time i log in and go to Multiplayer then servers, i sit in queue and then it comes up with loading game then bam Connection to EA online timed out Bandwidth or latency may not meet requirements.I have checked everything on my side have made no changes and also checked with my ISP, I'm on Fibre and have no issues with any other online games.

I started to get this after the second to last patch, it happened twice but was able to keep trying and then it let me in. For the past 8 days every night i have tried for 2 hours and cannot get into a game. This is utter BS i was trying to level cap, but am now never going to make it if i can't connect.

Last night instead of showing me the 6 or 7 servers, it only showed 2 and tried for over an hour and could not connect to either of them, kept getting this BS message.

If they are shifting resources to BFV then fine let us know, or better yet make it so people can play both.

BF1 hasn't really been fit for purpose from the start I tolerated the bugs, i then tolerated the fact that they nerf everything for the whingers who can't play the game properly, I tolerated the constant cheats who shoot through buildings or entire mountains and no one does anything about them....I will not tolerate not being able to play a game that i paid good money for, and on the whole actually enjoyed playing taking the latter into consideration and working with what i was given.

I got The preorder of BFV for Fathers day, and i think will be cancelling it, please stop making games if you can't make them properly or let everyone have a fair go.

I loved BF3 and BF4, again both had cheats and both had things nerfed as whingers complained about certain weapons or just couldn't play the game. But the fact that i was on with my Clan and we were having fun made it worth while.

Looks like i'll be finding another hobby unless this issue gets sorted out in the next 24 hours.

Message 19 of 25 (737 Views)

★★ Apprentice

exactly what i got buddy!.

this is my post and what i said..

Ok,playing since launch,everything is fine on my end,but just to be sure i contacted  EA online support already to no avail.

>>Server Disconnected. Connection to EA Online timed out. Your network bandwidth and/or network latency may not meet the requirements for this game.

Is the message i get every time i try to play my local/Oceana server.

I can play on any other server in the world just not my own.

Soooo....this is obviously your end and needs to addressed asap.

Please inform people that you are aware of this due to i am not the only one with this problem,no one is helping or replying and the in game fix is not working either and all the other diy fixes.they are all useless.

ok,so spoke to online EA support who told me everything that is on these forums,pretty much just read what i already have.

I have done all the things said to try and nothing has worked.

ports.

flush dns.

Disable Proxy

Reset Hosts Files.

and reinstall.

in game turned off.

I can play on all other regions in the world with terrible ping but not OCE.

What is going on please.

have tried everything as the same as you,well said btw.

I am in Tasmania and everything is fine except bf1,can play bf4 in OCE,can play every other game in OCE except bf1.

I have the same issue as you as well with the servers,went form 20+servers to 1-2.!!!!

mite contact my provider but id bet my left nut it is not the problem.

Message 20 of 25 (724 Views)