Connection to EA online timed out. Your network bandwidth and/or network latency

by SamFQ

Original Post

Re: Connection to EA online timed out. Your network bandwidth and/or network lat

★★★★ Novice

Yeah I'm in Australia and having the exact same issue. Can't connect to 32 or 64 player servers but can to 24 player servers. Can connect fine to anything overseas. 

I've tried port forwarding, repairing, reinstalling, clearing the origin cache, 3 different internet connections.

I've determined that it is most definitely EA servers and they can't fix it because of the 7 times I've talked to the help desk they get me to do the crappy UO trace to US servers, not even OC. So this obviously gives me a ping of 250 and they play it off as my ISPs fault even though I've tried three different connections and can read the trace results myself, gets bad once telstra sends it overseas, but nooooo it can't possibly be on their end.

All I see in these forum posts is EA bots saying go check our web pages that tells you how to troubleshoot yourself or contact the help desk, but they don't even know what they're doing. EA doesn't care about anyone but themselves, if the vast population can still connect, whats a couple of  tens of thousands of people who can't going to matter.

Message 51 of 87 (5,269 Views)

Re: Connection to EA online timed out. Your network bandwidth and/or network lat

★★ Apprentice

Exact same problem as me buddy,done everything you said and nothing......

Message 52 of 87 (5,254 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I wish EA would respond to any of these threads, they're completely ignoring the community outcry thats been going on since like April

Message 53 of 87 (5,230 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is exactly what I have been experiencing. 

I wanted to give the PC version a try alas I cant even play on the local services in OC. 

Message 54 of 87 (5,185 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Ditto from AU - 19ping to AU and cant join 200ping non-AU can join....!
Message 55 of 87 (5,166 Views)

Re: Your network bandwidth and/or network lat

★★ Novice
Have fun...I've been having this problem for over a year now.
GL getting it fixed. Every time I try support, they never give me a straight answer on how to fix it.
50Mbp/s Direct line connection to router/modem...internet situation hasn't changed for over 2 years.
Message 56 of 87 (4,938 Views)

★★ Novice

@MissAssyran

I've been dealing with this problem since June of 2017. I have yet to have gotten any Useful help in that whole time.

Hell, I'm even a pre-order with added premium... All of that money down the tubes. Re-installing BF4 just to see if I can even play SOMETHING from the BF series.

Sure as hell not getting BF 5.

Message 57 of 87 (4,937 Views)

★ Apprentice

Getting the same errors here too. Need help.

KissAnime GroupMe Letgo
Message 58 of 87 (4,889 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Getting this in BFV on Google Fiber using a wired connection on a purely gigabit network. That's.. just sad this is still a problem even in their latest title. Unchecking use Origin in game made no change. I have no other network issues or other devices actively using my WAN connection.
Message 59 of 87 (4,880 Views)

★★★ Newbie

FYI, I have a Netgear r7000 and I noticed that I didn't get the connection issue when I connected directly to my modem. I did some looking around in my router and noticed a setting called NAT filtering. The option was set to secure. I changed it to open and I am now able to connect to the servers without any issues. 

Message 60 of 87 (4,838 Views)