Re: Connection to EA online timed out. Your network bandwidth and/or network lat

by iluminatethesky

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Connection to EA online timed out. Your network bandwidth and/or network latency

★★★ Newbie

Connection to EA online timed out. Your network bandwidth and/or network latency may not meet the requirements for this game

what is this?????

Message 1 of 87 (66,048 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Connection to EA online timed out. Your network bandwidth and/or network lat

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@iluminatetheskyYes mate everything is working and I have had multiple people contact me saying this worked for them as well.

I also ticked the box just to check and we got the error again so it was definately this

Just happy to be playing again

View in thread

Message 39 of 87 (81,035 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@SamFQ

There are minimum online connectivity requirements for this game, do you have a 512KB/S or faster connection?

barry.png
Message 2 of 87 (65,944 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i have 50mb/s

i faced this issue few times .. 

Message 3 of 87 (65,935 Views)

Community Manager

@SamFQ

Using a wired rather than wireless connection to your router and minimising other online usage can help with connection stability.

barry.png
Message 4 of 87 (65,892 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem and this is out of no where. I have been playing the game since the beginning and nothing has changed with my internet. So now I do not get to play?-not real happy. 

Message 5 of 87 (65,771 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi i have 100/100 and the same problem - wireles, but test shows 32 Mbit when we are 3 one``

Message 6 of 87 (65,549 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @Balou_Stardust,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing these Connection Issues.

Can you please specify which Platform you're on, so we can further assist you?

Thank you Standard smile 

★★★ Newbie
I'm currently having this issue as well. I am on Xbox One and have over 50mb/s. I'm using a bridge connection of wireless to wired connection from my computer to my xbox. I am able to run other multiplayer games like PUBG, but unable to join a server in BF1. Please help?

Thanks!!!
Message 8 of 87 (65,488 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hey @BlueObone,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing these Connection Issues.

There was a Patch that went out this morning, and the Servers have been down to deploy the Update.

The Servers should be back up now, can you let us know if you are still having problems connecting?

Also, here are some steps you can follow if you are still having issues:

For support, please visit the EA Help website. For instructions on how to use the EA Help services, please refer to How to use EA Help.

Hope this helps.

Thank you Standard smile 

★★ Novice

I have seen a lot of people having this issue within the last month or two. Everything worked fine before wifi/wired didn't matter. I have a wifi connection and have never had this issue prior to the second to last update (i think.) I even moved and got gigabit internet so I knew bandwidth wouldn't be an issue. I have 1000 mbps down and 35 mbps up. No trouble streaming 4k videos on my TV from Amazon prime and playing games online at the same time. It seems to me that there was something EA changed and now people are having issues. If they can't see that and get the information to the devs to fix it, we will all keep encountering the problems. Hope they fix it soon.

Message 10 of 87 (65,209 Views)