Re: Connection timeout issue

by CEO_Rago

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Connection timeout issue

★ Novice

Starting today, I am getting a connection timeout issue and the game reboots.

Seems to be stuck in an endless loop.

Message 1 of 4 (894 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Novice

Just to close the loop on this, it appeared to be an issue with The Google Play Games app. After I uninstalled and reinstalled that app, it started working fine again.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (810 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hey @bradwetherall,

@bradwetherall wrote: [...] Seems to be stuck in an endless loop.

Do you mean that as soon as you click "RELOAD" the pup up disappears and immediately appears again?

If so, can you please force close the app (so that it isn’t running in the background)?

If you have tried that already and it hasn’t worked, make sure that your account is linked (to Facebook, GameCenter or GooglePlay) and then delete the app.

Make sure that you have a strong WiFi and then reinstall.
This should actually allow you to access the game again.

(Note: As soon as you are back in the game, SWGoH will try to download all assets. Don’t interrupt this process.)

Regards.

Message 2 of 4 (870 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you, I am afraid that none of that worked. 

I tried a full uninstall and reinstall. It does ask me to connect my Google Play account, but then immediately says that the account has timed out and the game reboots.

Everything has been working fine until today. Is this issue isolated to me? Has anyone else has this issue?

I haven't made any other changes to my phone so this is pretty strange behaviour.

Message 3 of 4 (849 Views)

★ Novice

Just to close the loop on this, it appeared to be an issue with The Google Play Games app. After I uninstalled and reinstalled that app, it started working fine again.

Message 4 of 4 (811 Views)