Connection timed out on game start/char selection screen (SYD servers only)

by oogabooga90

Original Post

Connection timed out on game start/char selection screen (SYD servers only)

★★ Novice

Hi, 

I've been getting code:wheel connection timed out server issues all day on the Sydney servers. I've tried all the hotfixes suggested on google and the EA forums to no effect. This issue only started today, was playing fine last night. Any ideas? Solutions i've tried so far:

1) checked internet - nil issues

2) restarted computer and internet - nil issues

3) reinstalled Apex legends - did not work

4) deleted cache - did not work

5) flushed DNS + refreshed DNS server - did not work

6) tried every solution on this website: https://digiworthy.com/2020/01/11/apex-legends-connection-to-server-timed-out/#:~:text=The%20server%....

please help thanks!

Message 1 of 5 (277 Views)

Re: Connection timed out on game start/char selection screen (SYD servers only)

★★ Novice

bump

Message 2 of 5 (215 Views)

EA DICE Team
Do you have a 4g device at home that you can try with and see if the same issues happens? @oogabooga90

Make sure the 4g device is not the same as network providers for your PC and not connected to the wifi.

/Atic
Message 3 of 5 (174 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Atic 

I've tried it and it works, no disconnects. Unfortunately, I do not have the data to spare to use it for gaming. Also, I've noticed playing on other servers (such as Singapore servers) does not result in the disconnects. So it has to be something to do with my net provider connecting to the Sydney servers.

Message 4 of 5 (163 Views)

EA DICE Team
Sounds like there something that you network hits before the Sydney servers that are having issues. @oogabooga90

/Atic
Message 5 of 5 (142 Views)