by Li1ag

Original Post

Connection timed out (code leaf)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 750 TI (2gb)
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8gb
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? ThePopeowo
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.  DiegoArmando10, ElDaegon
Where did the issue occur? Connecting to a match / loading stats after a match
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Since day 1
How often does the bug occur? every 3 out of 7 matches
How severe is your issue? Major annoyance to me/party
What happens when the bug occurs? I get disconnected from the match/ stats screen and get booted back to the game lobby/ starting screen of the game
What should be happening instead? the game should... connect
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? No idea,  haven't seen anyone with my exact problem.

Since i started playing the game in the pre-season i run into this issue pretty often, varies in frecuency between data centers but happens in all of them. When i look for a match (alone and in party) and it starts one, instead of the king's canyon loading screen i get the black loading screen with the scrolling apex logo and it boots me out to the game lobby/ occasionally to the starting screen of the game with the error connection timed out (recently adding "error code: leaf"), this also happens sometimes when i finish a match and it's loading my stats/exp earned. If i get into a match my connection is perfect for the rest of the match. If this occurs 4 to 6 times in a session the game boots me out to the starting screen and fails to connect to the game (retrying endlessly), rebooting the game solves this. I already went through all the connection troubleshooting from the help page, reinstalled both origin and apex.

I love this game and it saddens me to get this error so commonly, especially with the new apex elite queue.

Message 1 of 24 (12,335 Views)

Re: Connection timed out (code leaf)

Community Manager

@ElPopeCVXX 

Please see the following post for troubleshooting steps that may help you with that error, thanks.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Apex-error-code-leaf-PC/m-p/7891308#M42172

barry.png
Message 2 of 24 (12,260 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply. I performed all the steps on that post but sadly the issue persists.

Message 3 of 24 (12,186 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I've been experiencing this since yesterday's patch/update. Literally every other match start I get this exact Leaf error. Link that was provided didn't work, the issue is still the same. Friends I play with also while in party have it happen to them at the same time mine occurs.

Message 4 of 24 (12,176 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@EA_Barry wrote:

@ElPopeCVXX 

Please see the following post for troubleshooting steps that may help you with that error, thanks.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Apex-error-code-leaf-PC/m-p/7891308#M42172

@EA_Barry can you please have a look at that post and be honest if whatever that guy says makes sense!? People on CONSOLES get same error as the ones on PC, it has nothing to do with the cpu or malware obviously!!

Message 5 of 24 (12,156 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've always had this problem, but my friend started having it since the last update too.

Message 6 of 24 (12,156 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I failed to mention the "Error Leaf" black screen crash happens to me on PS4 and not PC. That link was in regards to a PC player. I'm on Default settings exception of a 1 bump to Sensibility, outside of that I'm running purely default settings. I'll mention once again I never once had this error message till Yesterdays Update.

Message 7 of 24 (12,146 Views)

Server Time out Code:Leaf

★★★ Novice

Connection to server Timed Out. Code:Leaf

This is bs, had this about 5 times today and I was just in on my 3rd Elite streak and just got ANOTHER TIMEOUT! WTF?? I'm reading all around and there seems to be no permanent fix... HELP?

Message 8 of 24 (12,138 Views)

Re: Server Time out Code:Leaf

★★ Apprentice

@Li1ag i feel your anger bro ....i got the same error like six times in a row and when i get it a lot of times like that once the game teleports me to the menu and i have to click to continue it doesn't continue ..it gets stuck on trying to connect and counts from 0 to 9  and i have to restart my game to make it work

Message 9 of 24 (12,129 Views)

Is it just me having this issue?

★★★ Newbie

My Game will crash in the middle of a match and exit to the console home screen and sometimes when loading into a match it will say that an error occurred with the [code:leaf] thing on there

Message 10 of 24 (12,128 Views)