Connection problem: 10% packet loss on every server

by Papperwing

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Connection problem: 10% packet loss on every server

★★★ Novice

Recently, after Friday night event I started to have problem with connection to Apex. I often get on intro page info, that I have 10% packet loss to all available servers. I tried to follow all the available tips for sollution as port forwarding, dns flush, changing dns server, flushing again, etc. Recently, I even switched router to new TP-Link archer I used ea traceroute utility, I attached it down bellow and it gave me information, that my pakets are getting lost at EA servers (addresses 159.153.92.10, 159.153.92.78). I am not sure how this is relevant, because normally I try to connect to server Franfurkt 2 but unfortunetely I did not find, what address it uses for traceroute utility.

Is there any other way to improve my situation?

Message 1 of 7 (2,123 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Connection problem: 10% packet loss on every server

★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Illium 

it showed up, that there is also problem with ISP. What is interesting, this did not showed up in your trace application (Packet loss there was 0%), but once I used ping and pathping utility, I discovered, that I have indeed some packet loss (approximately 5-7%) on the ISP side.

What is interesting, this showed up after midseason update in Season 7. Based on the communication with ISP, who told me, that there was no change in infrastructure, that could explain the packet loss increase recently, this could mean, that after midseason update, Apex legend is more prone to packet loss than before.

Anyway, if you would not mind, I would like to let this thread open, till my ISP fixes problem, and if there will be no problem after fix, I would close it as solved.

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (1,928 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @Papperwing Can you check some of the following things out and see if you continue to have packet loss?

If you continue to have issues can you share another UOTrace (Requires PC) with us?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 7 (2,068 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thank you very much for quick answer.

I did all the mentioned steps, but unfortunately it did not help. In the attachement there is new traceroute and they are basicaly same. Also behaviour ingame is same.

It's pitty because game is almost unplayable and I still miss 5 levels of bought battlepass. The problems started right after updates, before it was totally ok Frown

Message 3 of 7 (2,059 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried to play in different hour (as mentioned here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/severe-rubber-banding-and-lag-every-game/m-p/9983186/high...), and unfortunately it did almost no difference. In this state game is unplayable Frown

Message 4 of 7 (1,999 Views)

Community Manager
@Papperwing With Season 8 there have been a few issues, I wanted to confirm if this is still happening?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 5 of 7 (1,934 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Illium 

it showed up, that there is also problem with ISP. What is interesting, this did not showed up in your trace application (Packet loss there was 0%), but once I used ping and pathping utility, I discovered, that I have indeed some packet loss (approximately 5-7%) on the ISP side.

What is interesting, this showed up after midseason update in Season 7. Based on the communication with ISP, who told me, that there was no change in infrastructure, that could explain the packet loss increase recently, this could mean, that after midseason update, Apex legend is more prone to packet loss than before.

Anyway, if you would not mind, I would like to let this thread open, till my ISP fixes problem, and if there will be no problem after fix, I would close it as solved.

Message 6 of 7 (1,929 Views)

★★★ Novice

As it seems, problem was really on the ISP side.

Message 7 of 7 (1,855 Views)