Connection issues

by ohhaitiffany

Original Post

Connection issues

★★★ Newbie

I’ve been getting a connection error for the last two days. Everything was fine and dandy but now I can’t play Apex 

anyone else?

Message 1 of 4 (201 Views)

Re: Connection issues

Community Manager

Hey @ohhaitiffany

I'd like to try out some troubleshooting steps to see if we can help get you back online. When you have the chance can you try running through the basic connectivity steps over at the EA Help website to see how that goes? 

If you're still getting the same error message after that check out the Xbox-specific steps as well. Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a try. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 4 (166 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kent I tried both of those and a hard reset, at first it kept giving me connection issues.
I switched my connection to 5G and it seems to be ok for right now
Message 3 of 4 (158 Views)

Community Manager

@ohhaitiffany 

Got it, thanks!

If it's working OK on 5G it definitely sounds like this is a local network issue of some kind. If you don't mind, can you also try changing the DNS on your Xbox as well to see if that helps? To change the DNS settings follow the steps below: 

1. Go to your Xbox Settings

2. Select Network Settings

3. Choose Advanced Settings

4. Select DNS Settings, then go to Manual

5. Enter 8.8.8.8 as the Primary DNS and 8.8.4.4 as the Secondary DNS. This is the public Google DNS, but if there's a different DNS you would rather use instead that's OK as well. 

Let me know if you're still having the same issues once you've had the chance to give that a shot. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 4 (135 Views)