Re: Connection issues

by ddubya4life

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Connection issues

★★★ Newbie

I can't connect to the game since Thursday when the latest update went live.

Ever since then I keep getting the screen "There is an error with your connection" wether I use Wi-fi or my celular data.

I've been noticed that this problem is recurring on iphone users like myself, but most people seem to have it fixed by now.

Im wasting lots of days from arenas and my daily farming.

Message 1 of 16 (1,261 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @Garrett_Meandel thanks for getting back to me. If the troubleshooting steps haven't helped you might be experiencing a Bug. I checked the recent Bug Reports but didn't spot one that sounded like it was the same as what you're experiencing here. Could you start a new Bug Report here and fill in the fields that populate? Bug reports help us to compile information, better track bugs and to communicate any updates on those back to the community so we'd encourage reporting bugs or selecting "Me Too" on existing Bug Reports made.

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 8 of 16 (1,064 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

As someone suffering too, can I ask: what model iphone?

My old ipad (4th generation) will no longer connect.
And current iphone connects fine (on the same network).

Checked on ipadAir (1st generation) works as expected and connects fine (on the same network)

I wonder if something was adding in last patch that no longer works on the older ios (eg original pre-air ipad) devices and if others experiencing issues are using similar devices. 

Message 2 of 16 (1,189 Views)

★★ Novice

It stopped working on both my iphone SE and my Ipad 2 on the same day. Both apps don't load. So it's not a device or connection issue.  It's connected to our game account. EA...get it together!

Message 3 of 16 (1,184 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here on iPhone 5.  Very frustrating. iPad works, but I can't use that at work.

Message 4 of 16 (1,160 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm having issues connecting on my Ipad 4th generation.  It was working fine prior to the large update last week.  Ever since then, I get the "Error downloading... " message and it just continues and continues.  I have reset network settings, reset, Ipad settings, and I even completely wiped the Ipad and did a fresh install of the game all of which still produce the same results. 

Release notes for the game show support for iOS 8.x and greater and I'm on 10.3.3 so I don't know what to do.  Can someone please advise or satisfy my curiosity that my Ipad is just "too old" to play this anymore?

Message 5 of 16 (1,114 Views)

Community Manager

Hey folks, could I ask you to try some troubleshooting steps for your iOS devices and see if that helps improve the connection issues? This EA Help article will outline the troubleshooting steps best: "EA mobile game troubleshooting on iPad and iPhone". 

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 16 (1,105 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'd already tried the items on that list prior to contacting support (apart from clearing Safari cache).

I have now cleared Safari cache... But I still get "There is an error with your connection"

This only happens on ipad(4th generation). My other Apple devices all work as expected. 

To confirm:
No background apps running
Force closed app (and restarted ipad)
Checked connection (and confirmed fine as all other devices working as expected; and other browsing fine; and speedtest fine)
Reinstalled app
Reset safari cache and deleted history and cookies.

Note, the only step I can't do is updated ios. 
With this being an iPad(4th gen): I can't upgrade beyond 10.3.3

Is that the issue? 

Message 7 of 16 (1,100 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Garrett_Meandel thanks for getting back to me. If the troubleshooting steps haven't helped you might be experiencing a Bug. I checked the recent Bug Reports but didn't spot one that sounded like it was the same as what you're experiencing here. Could you start a new Bug Report here and fill in the fields that populate? Bug reports help us to compile information, better track bugs and to communicate any updates on those back to the community so we'd encourage reporting bugs or selecting "Me Too" on existing Bug Reports made.

Message 8 of 16 (1,065 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I have the same exact results as Garrett_Meandel, tried all solutions specified and can't update past iOS 10.3.3.  I have a 4th gen Ipad.  I even went as far as resetting the device back to factory defaults and fresh installing the game as of which will produces the error with my connection message.  The app has an update it's trying to pull down right now and it's stalling every 1 - 2% with the error message.  I would imagine since I performed a factory reset that the safari cache, history, and cookies are not the solution for this issue. 

Message 9 of 16 (1,058 Views)

★★ Novice

Same as the other two gentlemen.

Message 10 of 16 (984 Views)