Connection issues with ps4

by Silent_Cicario

Original Post

Connection issues with ps4

★ Novice

I've been having trouble with my game for a while because of the packet loss symbol and the congestion symbol. My network is fine for every other game except Apex. I was wondering how I can resolve this issue.

Message 1 of 5 (280 Views)

Re: Connection issues with ps4

Community Manager

Hi @Silent_Cicario

Let's try running through some steps to see if we can help get this sorted out. A good place to start would be the basic connection troubleshooting steps over at the EA Help website. If you're still seeing any sort of issues after that I'd recommend running through the PS4-specific steps as well. 

Let me know if you're still seeing any sort of connection issues afterward. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 5 (222 Views)

★ Novice

I still have severe issues with the game and packet loss and tried mostly everything you have recommended, from deleting the game and reinstalling it, to restarting my router. Both servers for ps4 and apex are working, how can I resolve this issue?

Message 3 of 5 (185 Views)

Community Manager

Another step that can help out with issues like this would be updating your PS4 to use a different DNS. This is basically the address book that your system uses to connect to the internet. Sometimes using a different one can help out if there's an issue with the route it's taking to reach its destination. 

To update your PS4 DNS settings follow the steps below: 

1. Open up the Settings on your PS4, then got o Network. From there go to Set Up Internet Connection, and select either wifi or LAN cable depending on what you're using.
  2. Select Custom > IP Address Settings (Automatic) > DHCP Host Name (Do Not Use) > DNS Settings (Manual)
  3. Enter the Primary DNS as 8.8.8.8 and the secondary DNS as 8.8.4.4 -- This is the public Google DNS.
  4. Select Next > MTU Settings (Automatic) > Proxy Server (Do Not Use) > Test Internet Connection

Let me know if you're still seeing any of the same issues after that. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 5 (156 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Silent_Cicario

Were you able to try updating the DNS settings on your PS4? Are you still running into any connection issues? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 5 of 5 (136 Views)