Connection issue (xbox one)

by AsphaltCowboy

Original Post

Connection issue (xbox one)

★★★ Novice

I have also not been able to connect to any ea games for about a month and a half now. I am completely done buying their garbage. I am sick and tired of the bs they are trying by saying it's on our end when all of my other games that I play connect just fine. EA is showing exactly what kind of company they are running, garbage. 

Message 1 of 18 (1,875 Views)

Re: Connection issue (xbox one)

Community Manager

Hi, @AsphaltCowboy 

Can you let me know what the error message is when you try to connect to our servers?

I'll work with you if you want to try and troubleshoot this. Servers for all of our games are each to their own, so it's possible not to connect to one game's servers while others can be up. Unless it's a full outage. Servers have been up for NHL 21 so this is a technical issue we'll need to figure out.

I get the frustration. If you're up to see if a few steps can help get you in let me know. My best recommendation is to first start with a basic power cycle and Mac Address clear. I'm sure you've done it, but definitely want to make sure the basics are covered first. Even if you've done it before, please try it again before reply back whether they worked or not. 

Reboot the power to the modem/router

1. Unplug the power cable from your modem/router for 5-10 minutes to refresh the network.

How to power cycle your Xbox console:

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button  on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console’s power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button  on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Mac Address

1. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 18 (1,852 Views)

★★★ Novice

Can't send a pic, says file is too large. The message says "Unable to connect to the EA servers at this time. In order to access the online features for this title, please verify that your network connection is working and you are signed in to your Xbox Live account, or the EA Servers may be down. Please try again later".

1. I am connected just fine. All of my other games work just fine. The only problems I am having are with NHL 21 and Madden 21.

Message 3 of 18 (1,795 Views)

★★★ Novice

Tried all troubleshooting nothing worked

Message 4 of 18 (1,792 Views)

Community Manager

@AsphaltCowboy 

When you ran the results did you see any packet loss between 1-99%? 

Are you able to sign into Help.EA.com using your Microsoft credentials and then sign into the servers in game?

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 18 (1,772 Views)

Community Manager

@AsphaltCowboy 

Also, do you know if your router has the latest firmware update? It's possible some ports were blocked and need to be forwaded.

See this post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Madden-NFL-21-Cannot-connect-to-EA-servers-Check-Ethernet...

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 18 (1,764 Views)

★★★ Novice

0% packet loss

Message 7 of 18 (1,713 Views)

★★★ Novice

Nothing has worked, still getting same message

Message 8 of 18 (1,694 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you for being patient, @AsphaltCowboy, just got back from the weekend.

Have you tried changing your DNS? Some players that have trouble connecting to our servers are able to connect after changing the domain service. There are steps on how to do that in the article below. 

Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 18 (1,684 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I can connect with NHL 20 but not NHL 21 or Madden 21

Message 10 of 18 (1,635 Views)