Re: Connection issue with JP server

by XTRA-Larsiano

Original Post

Connection issue with JP server

★ Novice

I am having issue when connecting to JP server. My connection speed automatically drop to zero and message in attach file appear. But I can connect to EU server with PING 298 please help.

Message 1 of 7 (1,449 Views)

Champion (Retired)

-How do you know the connection itself is choked?

-Make sure you have no download client(s) running in the background (like: uTorrent, websites etc). Some clients stay hidden from the desktop so double check Win task manager. Also make sure MS update is not bizzy in the background by checking the download section.

-WiFi or LAN connection?

-Reset the router (leave off 60 secs) for it to be able pull new config and or firmware from provider?

-What is the result if you ping www.google.jp > Win+R to open the "Runcommand" here type "CMD" and then "Enter" here type:"tracert  www.google.jp"?

_________________________________________________________________________________

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as solution✔

EA Champion

I'm simply a Volunteer, and do not work for EA
Message 2 of 7 (1,438 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I do not have torrent client. My connection is meter connection(no windows update is downloading). I am using LAN connection. When i ping WWW.GOOGLE.JP  result is in attached file. This problem is since when i bought battlefield 1. When the server is empty i can connect easily(attachment for reference). I have tried to connect with setting meter connection off. But it is not working.( I have NetSpeedMonitor application to monitor network activity). 

Message 3 of 7 (1,426 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Ping looks fine to the first destination so the connection itself is not the problem i think. I'm guessing that either you're ISP or EA has detoured you trough a server far away when connecting to the game servers.

The only thing you can try is to update the router ( disable any user profiles) and also update the network adapter.

If all fails with EA support i would ask my ISP for a new IP if possible.

Do you live far away from the bigger cities in your country and what connection type is it?

_________________________________________________________________________________

EA Champion

Message 4 of 7 (1,419 Views)

★ Novice

I change my IPv4 setting from automatic to manual(image for reference). It work but I am getting high ping( like 289,278,300 with packet loss). But in game it say 160 ms.Is it ISP problem or something else i should try ?

Message 5 of 7 (1,400 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I think my problem is with 64 player mode only. I can play 24 player server(screenshot for reference) WITH NO CHANGE IN IPV4 SETTING. What should i do now?

Message 6 of 7 (1,394 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

upgrade your bandwidth? i think we were able to play 64 players on 1Mbit/s ADSL connection back in the days with BF1942 not sure what the minimum requirement is now a days?

EA Champion

Message 7 of 7 (1,361 Views)