Connection error has ocurred SWTOR

by StephiiGalaxy

Original Post

Connection error has ocurred SWTOR

★★★ Novice

Hello Everybody,

One week ago I created a F2P account to play in SWTOR. when I'm playing only some minutes, this message shows up: "Error trying to connect the server" OK, I said... maybe it's from the Internet signal or maybe my laptop... but my laptop have good graphics and RAM card is excellent... So I've checked out all the items but nothing. I rebooted my laptop, internet... I log out from the game and I log in again but nothing is working.

Please help really I wanna play this game so bad.

- StephiiGalaxy

Message 1 of 13 (4,017 Views)

Re: Connection error has ocurred SWTOR

[ Edited ]

Ensure launcher.exe and swtor.exe is added to all the exception lists for your antivirus and firewall programs

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 13 (4,032 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@StephiiGalaxy

In addition to what @proxos666 suggested, if the issue still persists, could you attach a DxDiag to your post so we can have a general idea of what you're working with?

Message 3 of 13 (3,957 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Kipling

Hey buddy :D Thanks for your support. I did all the suggestions by @proxos666but it didn't work... I thought maybe it could be my net connection but I really I don't know~ And I followed your link "attach a DxDiag" and I got this from laptop I hope... could work this time :D 

Greetings

Message 4 of 13 (3,935 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@StephiiGalaxy

Everything looks fine there, that's a nice laptop!

Could you use http://pingplotter.com/ to do a test to 159.153.92.28 (for US) or 159.153.72.252 (for EU) and post the results here?

Message 5 of 13 (3,899 Views)

@StephiiGalaxy

There is one crash listed for swtor caused by a C++ file, unable to determine if related to current issue 

The only other thing I can see if that you have the windows power option set to balanced, with swtor you are best having this set to high performance when the game is running.

other then that there is soem crashes appearing for defender , you could run the below command in a command prompt just to check the system files 

sfc /scannow

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 6 of 13 (3,886 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Kipling

Hi there again Large smile I'm following your instructions and... I did US and EU tests. I captured a screen image of both. I wait for your answer.

Greetings.

PS: I don't know if you can see it well...

Message 7 of 13 (3,865 Views)

@StephiiGalaxy

Was these done while you are trying to login with the game ? (important)

Few things if your currently wireless can you connect direct by cable to the modem and test again

Your router timings are slightly elevated for an average ping timing , although this may be due to a firewall , i also note your hop 2 and 3 are responding with the same device.

Best way to eliminate the internet connect is go to a friends place with that system and see if the same issue exists on their internet, obviously if it goes away we know the system is ok and the internet connection is the cause and is likely a firewall port block

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 8 of 13 (3,834 Views)

★★★ Novice
@proxos666

Hi there again...sigh~ I don't know how to answer that... I'm tired of try, unfortunatelly I don't have enough time to go to my friends place because of my job and they live a bit far of me. Anyways reading your post I guess could be an internet problem.

When I'm in the game, I don't how to explain... Playing in Darth Malgus server I can play without problems only for some minutes but I can play more time. But whem I'm on Satele Shan server it's a battle, 'cause I'm playing there and...the connection is lost.

I will try something...different. I've been connected from Wifi connection so maybe that's the problem... I guess.

Thanks for your support. :D
Message 9 of 13 (3,822 Views)

@StephiiGalaxy

Definitely worth trying a ethernet connection, if wireless signal is poor the game could lose synch after the game starts 

pingplotter will show this occurring , hence why I asked if the earlier plots where done with the game running and the issue occurs

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 10 of 13 (3,814 Views)