Re: Connection error 237

by LordKennyzTTV

Original Post

Connection error 237

★★ Novice

Through the whole match I was in there were simultaneous freezes for all players multiple times.  The freeze that seemed to really mess it all up was in the middle of the respawn ship dropping me off to get back into the battle. When I landed, I could move my character forward, backward, left and right, jump, punch, and crouch. The movement system made it seem like I was in the game and ready to play, but I couldn't move the camera or turn my head at all, or interact with anything. I could see my teammates moving and fighting around me, taking damage, etc. Everything seemed like I should be able to play, but I was stuck facing one direction and had "Connection Error 237" in the corner of my screen.  It was really frustrating too, because there was only one other squad left at this point. It pretty much made the game unplayable.  My team carried me and we won anyway though.  Anyone else had this issue?

Message 1 of 7 (5,871 Views)

★★★ Newbie
About every other match, the game freezes and all I can do is look around for about 15 seconds. This happens in the menu sometimes too. I've tried everything from flushing cahes, changing DNS servers, forwarding ports, etc. and nothing has helped at all.
Message 2 of 7 (5,666 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I got this same error when my team won a fight and proceeded to revive me using a respawn beacon in Skull town. I froze for about 5-10 seconds in the air, however I was able to rotate the camera around. After about 10 seconds I appeared on the ground and had a connection error 237 on top of my screen; I wasn't able to rotate my camera, and all I could do was punch, crouch and walk. I stayed in the game and the issue never went away until I went into another game.

https://imgur.com/a/mm7P64W (Image of my error)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHwKaK8Uwos (Video of someone else experiencing the same issue, at the same respawn beacon in skull town)

Message 3 of 7 (5,322 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The issue also isn't consistent, but a bug like this can be very frustrating for people. I played about 20 games after the bug and it never occurred again.

Message 4 of 7 (5,310 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just had this!! We were one of the last few teams and I got revived and just came in all handicap, couldn't turn my head, couldn't jump. I ended up last alive and I had to wipe because I couldn't do anything. :/

Message 5 of 7 (3,330 Views)

★★ Novice

I had this same problem but during a rank match.

Message 6 of 7 (2,833 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I haven't got this error but I've seen peoppe getting this error. My theory is somehow, the developers are creating like a kill cam (Miltia's youtube channel reference). Another weird thing is that someone's screen said "#RespawnSelect Pilot" which references Titanfall. Someone had a theory where the developers had copied the base code from Titanfall and planted it into Apex Legends and a bug triggered the code.

Message 7 of 7 (2,589 Views)