Re: Connection Timed Out

by EA_Aljo

Original Post

Connection Timed Out

★ Novice

I play on pc and ps4 but when I try to play on my ps4 I keep disconnecting from every game at least once. I can’t play the game properly anymore. I keep disconnecting. This started around season 5. Is there a fix to this?

Message 1 of 9 (640 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there, @SLoW-Clap.

I'll try to find out why you keep disconnecting. We'll start with the basics. First, I'd like you to power cycle your equipment with the following steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. If that doesn't help, please let me know if you're on a wired or wireless connection. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 9 (591 Views)

★ Novice

I’ve tried that as of now and it still disconnects me. I honestly thought it was the game before considering my friends stated others had the issue as well. I am on a wireless connection though! Thank you 

Message 3 of 9 (583 Views)

Community Manager

@SLoW-Clap 

Thanks for the response. Would you be able to switch to a wired connection or is your router too far away?

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 9 (579 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I play on an Xbox one X, and it's never timed me like this, this many times before. It's like 5-6 times a match for about a week now. I can play any other online game and I just want to play Apex and to be honest, but I'm forced to play other games now. It's been, I'm just gonna say, damn depressing really lol anyways, I've tried the unplug modem and console thing and I've been trying anything and everything, and it's not my internet provider bc everything for anything works perfectly fine. And Its a wireless connection, please, I could use some help here, bc if it continues then I'm going to have to stop playing apex, which, sorry for my language, but it sucks. No other way to put it and I feel bad towards my random teammates who have to worry about it and pretty much be at a disadvantage everytime I drop. It starts immediately when I'm in the drop ship, and then frequently throughout the game. If theres something I'm not doing correctly, I'd appreciate the support and insight. 

Message 5 of 9 (566 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem as me! I can play some other games fine as well but games like Fall Guys and Hyperscape it also disconnects me! I can play games like Overwatch,Fortnite, and Call Of Duty fine but honestly apex is just more fun to me right now. Sad I can’t play it properly. I can’t tell if it’s my provider or the game honestly as of right now. 

Message 6 of 9 (560 Views)

★ Novice

My apologies for some reason I didn’t get an email notification but the router is too far away. 

Message 7 of 9 (559 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, @M3teoricV 

Would you be able to switch to a wired connection or is your router too far away?

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 9 (518 Views)

Community Manager

@SLoW-Clap 

That's probably the issue then. Wireless is unreliable and prone to disconnects/lag. Especially when the signal has to travel through walls and/or floors. This gets worse when there are other devices sharing the same connection. It's worse still when anyone is streaming media while you're playing. Until you get wired, or at a minimum, closer to the router, this will continue to happen. You can try changing the wireless channel you're using. That may help. Also, you could try opening the ports for Apex. They are listed here.

You also may want to try researching powerline adaptors. Those have been a really good solution for many that are too far from the router for a wired connection.

Aljo.png
Message 9 of 9 (515 Views)