Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Connection Problem: Error retrieving Anthem live service data

by CylverLady

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I chatted with support and he told me he made changes to my account. i asked him what changes exacly? he told me to try it. i did but it didnt worked lol.. than asked him what now? he told me re-download game.. hahahaha that support guys thinks they are funny i guess. I ALREADY RE-DOWNLOADED 3 TIMES! After i push him with questions like "what exacly will be different when i download game again? Because of you changed SOMETHING in my account it should download different files?" he didnt wanted to reply clear than when i push further he told me finally THEY HAVE SERVER ISSUES !!! damn you EA or BioWare who ever responsible for that. This is not really cool. You think your customers are stupid? We deserve a official statement at least! Solve this messy overpriced game's issues.

Message 21 of 34 (384 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So there are no fix in the end? Frown

My friend can play this fine, but not me...  why this server issue select people Frown

Message 22 of 34 (316 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@mtwr24 

Same here, this has been happening to me since launch. 

My game continues to disconnect whenever a mission is completed so I never get to see what XP and loot I got. 

“Error retrieving Athem live service data”

I went through EA’s connection troubleshooting steps twice and the problem if from EA’s servers. 

I even reinstalled the game! 

It’s literally unplayable with this problem because I will sometimes get disconnected by talking to NPCs, I don’t even know what to do at this point.   

I have absolutely no issue with Apex Legend’s connectivity - A free game! 

I wish I can get a refund, wasted $60. 

Message 23 of 34 (306 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Have you tried getting a refund?

I got one in the end as I still couldn't connect after hours of attempts. I believe it says you can get a refund up to 72 hours after first playing if it related to their servers. 

Message 24 of 34 (293 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I bought mine on the psn store, how do i go about getting a refund?

Message 25 of 34 (289 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I bought mine from Origin for the PC and requested a refund through their website.

According to this https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/help-library/store---transactions/payments---refunds/play... you should be able to get a refund. I'd imagine not being able to play because of their servers counts as faulty. There is information on how to submit a refund request on that page also.

Message 26 of 34 (271 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I had no trouble until I got the patch last Friday.   I've gone over and beyond all the usual fixes.  

Uninstalled and reinstalled the game x2

Origin reinstalled

Cold boot

DirectX,

multiple repairs

checked and got new drivers for everything. 

Turned some processes off including Virus protection.  

Changed languages

I was able to start another character and go though the intro.  Once the intro was over I could not get back in to that one either.

I was on the phone for a couple hours with a tech also who finally said he would check with his people and get back to me in about an hour.

Well he didn't say which hour!   That was 5 days ago.

I'm playing on Origin Premium atm.  I was going to purchase the game.  Mind you I said WAS.  I don't mind losing $15  but I do not wish to wast $60.

Message 27 of 34 (181 Views)

★★★★ Novice

For me the solution was to be invited by a friend while I was waiting for connection.

Message 28 of 34 (170 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I get the same problem but not always. My real issue is get the "Searching for EA servers" every time I'm on a mission at least 4-5 times. I've checked my router,forwarded ports even did everything on EA's troubleshoot page....nothing helped. I honestly have no idea what else to do.

Message 29 of 34 (150 Views)

Re: Error retrieving Anthem live data service data

★★★★ Novice
Exactly the same issues as you, and also from Western Australia. I thought it might have been my ISP (I was getting NAT type 3 on PS4, so I called my ISP to disable GCNAT and now it’s NAT type 2 which is better), but even with this I’m still having the same issues. I’ve tried everything suggested, and nothing has worked. Convinced it’s an issue with EA’s servers, but they’re being quiet on the matter, and meanwhile those of us with this issue can’t play the game. Monday is my last day to get a refund, so if it’s not fixed by then, that’s what I’ll be doing.
Message 30 of 34 (125 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help