Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Connection Problem: Error retrieving Anthem live service data

by mtwr24

Original Post

Highlighted

Connection Problem: Error retrieving Anthem live service data

★★★★ Novice

Can't get into the game. Been trying for hours now. Got in once for about 15 minutes before I tried returning from free roam and got the error again.

Constantly getting the "connection problem: error retrieving anthem live service data" error.

I have forwarded the required ports, although I don't see why I have to, every other online game I play is fine without requiring port forwarding. Either way it hasn't fixed it.

Least I still have 12 hours or so to get my refund.

Message 1 of 34 (2,950 Views)

Re: Connection Problem: Error retrieving Anthem live service data

★★★★ Novice

same. the apparent fix is to change your game language (in origin, go the the game properties for anthem and it's under the advanced section), but that doesn't work for me so i'm not sure what to do now.

Message 2 of 34 (2,657 Views)

★ Apprentice
everyone needs to chill out. its an online game, that launched 15 hours ago. and millions of people around the world are trying to access the game all at once. theres going to be server issues. give them time to fix it. im having the same problem, and im just doing other stuff to kill the time. everyone is so quick to rage. relax.
Message 3 of 34 (2,645 Views)

@mtwr24 @rhyswinz

Please try these steps:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks Standard smile 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Are you looking for a response in your Thread that I responded to? Please tag me @iluminatethesky

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as a solution✔

DICE Friend

EA Game Changer

I do not work for EA
Message 4 of 34 (2,631 Views)

Error retrieving Anthem live data service data

★★★★★ Apprentice

On ps4 pro. This has happened since launch. Finish mission/freeplay/stronghold (in group or solo - doesn’t matter) and I’ll get into a loading screen waiting for the results/summary page - but around 75% of the time that never comes; though it always happens at the end of a stronghold. Instead, I get sent to the EA/Frostbite title screen with the above error message. I get to log-in screen, get another error message (You have lost connection to EA Servers...etc) and try and log back in. Usually it takes multiple tries (at least two) and sometimes I have to restart the client. When I do get back in, I am in the Fort and sometimes I revert to being level 1 (restarting the client fixes this). Sometimes I get the achievements and loot, sometimes not. 

I have much more success starting missions/freeplay/strongholds (not 100%, but maybe 80%) and only the occassional bluescreen/crash during said missions. 

Playing from west coast Australia. 

Message 5 of 34 (2,619 Views)

Re: Error retrieving Anthem live data service data

Hey @Geeha08,

Sorry to hear about this.

Have you tried any of these steps to see if it alleviates the issue?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/console/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-playstation/

The Global Community Manager also posted an update regarding the disconnects/crashes:

https://twitter.com/Darokaz/status/1099082879315914752

Hopefully things will be smoother going forward.

Thanks Standard smile 

- iluminate

_________________________________________________________________________________

Are you looking for a response in your Thread that I responded to? Please tag me @iluminatethesky

▪Did you find my post useful? Please grant + XP✔
▪Did my post solve your issue/answer your question? Please accept as a solution✔

DICE Friend

EA Game Changer

I do not work for EA
Message 6 of 34 (2,615 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Appreciate the advice. But it’s not my ps4 pro or my internet connection. It’s Anthem and, I suspect, the EA servers.

Message 7 of 34 (2,600 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I tried the language work around mentioned above as well but it made no difference.

My internet connection is fine, I play online games all the time without lag or disconnects.

Message 8 of 34 (2,600 Views)

★★★★ Novice

15 hours ? No, one week. And still the same problem.

Message 9 of 34 (2,568 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have exactly the same problem but I cant fix it, not even with restarting client. Taken to lvl1, tghen again it works for a time and again lost conection in the middle of the game. It takes ages to login backand I have a lot of error messages.

Message 10 of 34 (2,560 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help