Re: Connection Issues to Apex Servers only

by ComradeVlast

Original Post

Connection Issues to Apex Servers only

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi,

I'm having connection issues to the Apex servers, but nothing else. BF1/BFV, World of Warships, Mordhau and Warframe all work flawlessly. Apex, however, lags heavily (10K+ ping) as I try to join a lobby, eventually resulting in a disconnect. Sometimes, the lag continues endlessly and I'm stuck frozen in the game world until the team dies or I hit alt+F4. An error code is rarely given after the fact, and if it is it's simply "Our of sync with server" or "Disconnected from EA servers".

I've tried multiple servers across the world (Virginia, New York, South Carolina, Sao Paulo, Amsterdam) and the issue persists on all of them. All my ports are open, and I've run through the normal steps network-wise to try and isolate the issue. It's seeming like Apex is using a (relatively) large amount of bandwidth to connect to games, over 1.5 mbps. Due to some infrastructure issues the fastest internet I can get at my current location is 3.5 mbps (Yeah, I know...) and it seems like it just takes too much to successfully connect me with the servers.

I should note, the exact date for when this problem started is unknown. I was away from home from early June to about a week ago, so the best I can assume is that these problems started with Season 2.

I've attached two UOtraces to the EA server. I'm noticing 100% packet loss on an ISP connection, but that's persistent across any domain and does not affect the ability of other games to properly function. Beyond it being a simple connection speed issue (Which is strange considering how well it worked since launch), I'm completely lost. 

Any suggestions or help? Additionally, is there a way to traceroute the Apex Legends servers? I'd like to gather more information on this issue but it seems the ability to run a trace on Respawn's servers and not EA's is locked away.

Thanks all

Message 1 of 2 (465 Views)

Re: Connection Issues to Apex Servers only

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Any light to be shed on this issue? At this point, given all I've tried, I'm ready to call it as the netcode being... Not great, I guess? Like if you built a rowboat to take people on tours, but way more people showed up than you anticipated, so you had to make more rowboats, until you've somehow made a galleon of stitched-together rowboats that barely works to support the continuing volume of people.

Or something.

Message 2 of 2 (395 Views)