Connection Issues in Apex Legends and only Apex Legends

by Stream1000gecs

Original Post

Connection Issues in Apex Legends and only Apex Legends

★★★ Newbie

Hey guys,

I'm having a connection problem with Apex Legends, and the EA support thing told me to go here, so here I am.

I have a pretty fast internet connection. When plugged in through Ethernet, I get about 175 megabits per second down and about 180 up. My ping in CS:GO remains around 5-30 in every match.

All voice chat platforms function with almost zero latency.

In Apex Legends, and only in Apex Legends, I have constant connection issues. When dropping into a match, when in firefights, and basically all the time, I have the red connection dial appear in the top right corner and my game freezes for about 10-15 seconds.

Obviously, this can be frustrating, as it prevents me from playing the game.

I simply can't understand why this is happening, because it only happens in Apex Legends, and nothing else. 

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues? Maybe EA can shoot me a response about how I can fix this, but I doubt it. Thanks.

Message 1 of 8 (5,572 Views)

Re: Connection Issues in Apex Legends and only Apex Legends

★ Novice

Same thing. Just got new internet and it still happens to me. Games unplayable.

Message 2 of 8 (5,539 Views)

★ Novice

same here, since 3 days ago game its unplayable, im on Europe, tryed everything and nothing, lag mostly all games

Message 3 of 8 (5,503 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all it sounds like you may be having issues with your connection. I would suggest taking a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

It'll take you a couple of minutes to do them all but please do take the time and do them all.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 8 (5,483 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

yeah, I can assure you that we have all followed your trouble shooting guides. In-fact its some what disappointing to have had to put so much effort into making this game playable after 6pm that is unfair, that after many "resolves" its still lagging 28 days later... so that since day one i have been unable to play for the same reason as stated above on xbox one due to a red speed dial! I followed all the port forwarding protocol

contacted my ISP to she if they could change the path that my router makes connection to ea.sa.com and was told i was crazy! i am so upset that this is still an issue after all the attempts and hours i have put into researching my own fix. To top that off the chat advisor's keep closing the ticket as "resolved" meaning i have to start a new one to explain my issue all over again to be sent on a wild goose chase. 

Message 5 of 8 (5,455 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've started to experience something like this for 3 weeks now. Every 3rd game, my connection becomes horrid. The first couple of rounds are okay. But at 3rd or 4th, it becomes really something else. everyone is teleporting and such. And this is only happening to me at Apex Legends; can't fix this no matter what I try; pc format, changing DNS, VPN, changing preferred server. Nothing.. My only solution is not playing it and this is really making me sad.

Message 6 of 8 (5,308 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@EA_Darko wrote:

Hey all it sounds like you may be having issues with your connection. I would suggest taking a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

It'll take you a couple of minutes to do them all but please do take the time and do them all.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

NO, you have a look at your connection troubleshooting on EA website!

please let me know if that helped you! Thanks!

Message 7 of 8 (5,286 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey all. Go to your network sharing settings in windows and ip4 change the last number of you up address to something else like 10 14 just so that it doesn’t interfere with other devices that may be using the same up. This worked for me 

Message 8 of 8 (1,456 Views)