Connection Issue When in Squad

by ASpeedyNome

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Connection Issue When in Squad

★★★★★ Newbie

I can normally play the game with no issue, but when I try to play with someone on the same local network as me only one of us get through and the other one gets an error (alternates), regardless of who hosts. Occasionally we both get the error. On the first round we try together it works like you would expect with no issues, but anything after that fails, even after restarting the game and/or computer(s). We are both on a wired connection and can play the game in separate lobbies at the same time just fine, just not together. I have checked firewall settings and no issues with all ports for the game open. Also tried running both Origin and Apex Legends as Administrator with no change. Recently downloaded the update and the issues still persists. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 6 (1,829 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Connection Issue When in Squad

★★★★ Novice

I fixed this! I went into my router's advanced settings and turned on port-triggering (not forwarding). See screens:

Service.jpg

Settings.jpg

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (1,803 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

We have the same issue! I did some research on this and found what I believe is the issue. The ip address of the router is what is being identified as one computer. Thus if 2 people are trying to connect to the same game then it would only load once (because you only have one router). I have heard rumors at work that setting up a vpn may resolve this issue. That being said you would probably have terrible lag. In addition it may violate ea's terms of service (honestly have no idea). I want this fixed as soon as possible and I am willing to test for you! This game is the perfect college dorm type game to play with friends. My theory is only one person would connect to the server if they were all connected to the same router. If we are able to get an extra router and set up a slave router my concern is that it will still only push one ip address out of the modem. Let me know if you have any ideas/temporary fixes! Thank you guys!

Message 2 of 6 (1,811 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I fixed this! I went into my router's advanced settings and turned on port-triggering (not forwarding). See screens:

Service.jpg

Settings.jpg

Message 3 of 6 (1,804 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This seems to have fixed for me also. +1

Message 4 of 6 (1,785 Views)

★★ Novice

This worked for us! Lets the games begin!!!

Message 5 of 6 (1,759 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This worked great! Thanks!

Message 6 of 6 (1,736 Views)