Re: Connecting issues

by Flesaur

Original Post

Connecting issues

★★★ Newbie

Not sure if this problem as been posted already but here I go.

I've been having really annoying issues trying to connect to games.

Only 1 out of 5 do I get my game to work. 

The issue I get is that I end up being stuck on the lobby screen after hearing the sound of a game begining.

It is mostly annoying when in a party with friends as they get in but I don't, getting to see their player model go grey and the line "in a game" under their names. 

So with ranked now being live it just triggers me so much.

Not only do I worry of getting a ban but it also shortens my team chance of progress as they get in a game with the handicap of a missing player... 

Please send help.

Message 1 of 8 (302 Views)

Community Manager

@MycLight 

If you're still having some trouble with this we'll see what we can do to get you to stay in 5/5 of those games. Which platform do you play on and what steps have you tried so far to fix it from your end?

Basic Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 8 (273 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Good luck.

Message 3 of 8 (261 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm playing on PS4. 

Things have tried goes from changing servers despite the higher ping (original being one of the Sydney based ones).

What seem to fix it sometimes is closing the game and launching it again though sometimes the issue is still there.

I would mainly do that as teammates were waiting on me. 

Otherwise my last resort was to reboot the system. Which made it work for a game or two before happening again...

Message 4 of 8 (216 Views)

Community Manager

@MycLight 

Try setting the DNS manually on your console to the Google one (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) It's been working for people having constantly having connection issues. 

If you're able to login to your router's admin panel check to see if you have a firmware update. If you're playing on WiFi, test the game on a wired connection to see if that helps. That's a good way to know if it could be the WiFi channel or bandwidth strength that's causing connection issues.

A power cycle is always great to do every month or so. If you haven't taken a look at the connection steps in the link I previously sent above, those help out a lot of players. Good luck and keep us updated!

Power Cycle

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game.
Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 8 (203 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Myself and three other Uk based PS4 players constantly have connectivity errors when trying to connect to Apex, especially at peak times. No problems with other games/services, just Apex Legends. 

Happened since season one, but especially bad since season 2.

Message 6 of 8 (193 Views)

★ Novice
Have you tried changing your server ? It worked for me
Message 7 of 8 (189 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@anisshahi20 wrote:
Have you tried changing your server ? It worked for me

Yes,  makes no difference.

Message 8 of 8 (179 Views)