Connected to Origin, cannot connect to the game

by Iron_Guard8

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Connected to Origin, cannot connect to the game

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

This started yesterday morning before work. I can connect to origin and see and communicate with friends that are online but I can't connect to any of the PvZ shooters (I tried all 3). It's over 24 hours now as I was unable to do so last night and again this morning before work.

I've flushed the cache, restarted Origin, restarted my PC a total of 4 times (once was a complete shut down and cold boot), reset the router, tinkered with the firewall, etc. I have no problems surfing, watching videos, and playing other online games (Rainbow 6 Siege and Paladins), and no issues with Steam and Uplay but haven't seen much about this problem here. 

Not sure what is going on but I'm out of options on my end. Are there known issues with the EA servers right now?

Message 1 of 9 (1,436 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Connected to Origin, cannot connect to the game

Hero (Retired)

@Iron_Guard8

Yeah, that's weird. I just tried playing, to see if I'd have the same issue, and everything seemed to be fine.

Try those steps later, and if it doesn't work, feel free to contact Support, or let me know and I'll see if I can get more suggestions Standard smile

- iluminate

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (1,390 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hey @Iron_Guard8

Sorry to hear about the Connection issues you're having, I haven't seen any reports about the Servers being down, or having any issues.

I play on PC as well, and haven't encountered this.

- iluminate

★★★★★ Expert

Occasionally this happens for short bursts but never for this long. If it's not working tonight going to contact help. It was absolutely fine Wednesday when I played.

Message 3 of 9 (1,413 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Iron_Guard8

That's odd, do you think it could be something with your ISP?

You've tried the usual troubleshooting steps correct? Maybe try opening Ports if you haven't done so already?

- iluminate

★★★★★ Expert

Maybe the ISP but not sure as everything else online worked fine. I went through pretty much everything on my end, barring uninstalling and reinstalling Oririn and the games. Cache flushing, deleting all the local files barring the one folder instructed not too, restarting the router, etc. 

Message 5 of 9 (1,404 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Iron_Guard8

Sounds like you've been through a lot of stuff already.

If you'd like, you can try opening Ports to see if that helps:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

https://portforward.com/plants-vs-zombies-battle-for-neighborville/

It's odd that Origin is connecting, but you're not able to connect to BFN Disappointed

★★★★★ Expert

@iluminatethesky I'll be able to do more after work. But indeed, no issue connecting to Origin at all and could receive and send messages from online friends but both GW games and BfN say that I can't connect to EA servers. And this was after all 4 reboots too. I even tried to join their games directly to see if that would help but it gave me the same 'Can't connect to EA servers' error. 

Message 7 of 9 (1,392 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Iron_Guard8

Yeah, that's weird. I just tried playing, to see if I'd have the same issue, and everything seemed to be fine.

Try those steps later, and if it doesn't work, feel free to contact Support, or let me know and I'll see if I can get more suggestions Standard smile

- iluminate

★★★★ Novice

Hi.

I was experiencing this issue for years, three or four times I guess, practically since SW 2015 was released. I tried everything and only reinstalling Windows was the solution, but now, after an "origin update" using a totally new rig, ISP, router, etc; happened again. Origin connects, I am online, but no game from my library is capable to connect. I didn't wanted to face all this issues again, less to ask support to Origin, so I leave it and started to play games only from Steam, Uplay, Epic, etc. Even I bought SW SQUADRONS from steam.

But wait; here comes the unthinkable... I was testing the way my Microsoft One Drive account works when no network devices exists, so I uninstalled It from Device Manager. Then I reinstalled It again, of course after finishing the tests. It is funny, but just by pure luck I opened Origin and started SW Battlefront. It loaded very fast, everything was normal and working properly, with fonts text and all data. Immediately I went to my old computer, only to verify that there may be the solution I tried there and the issue was the same, no fonts no connection, slow loading. I uninstalled and reinstalled the network devices in my old rig, as I did before in my current rig. And there I was, all my games working fine in all the devices.

I hope this could help to somebody else, not only in SW Battlefront, but in any other Origin game.

Message 9 of 9 (1,116 Views)