Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Computer crashed and game is no longer working

by oulock121

Original Post

Computer crashed and game is no longer working

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello!
So today I was playing apex normally, and the computer was having a hard time, until it crashed. I had to force shut it down by pressing the power button.

Afterwards, I opened apex again, and it showed me the trailer, as if it was my first time playing. It also set every setting back to "High.", and every time I join again, after choosing the character I want, there is no action that I can take or do. I've attached a picture of what I see.

Is there anything I could do?

Message 1 of 4 (92 Views)

Re: Computer crashed and game is no longer working

Community Manager

@oulock121 

That's really weird it would do that after a crash. Try right-clicking on the game in Origin and select "Repair."

If that doesn't clear it up for you, it might be worth reinstalling the game so all files are fresh.

/Blueberry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey that was a great reply. Good stuff. What now? Give them +XP to help level them up!
Did their response fix it? Mark it as a solution so it helps others!
Want to learn more on how to level up and becoming a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 4 (59 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello again!
I've tried both of the solutions you proposed (Repair, Re-installing), but I still have the exact same problem.

I've attached a picture of what it looks like.

This is really odd.

Message 3 of 4 (43 Views)

★★★ Guide
Can u delete the contents here:
C:\Users\ YOUR USERNAME\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex\local
And start the game
Message 4 of 4 (38 Views)

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help