Re: Compatibility Issues with the new update last Feb 21?

by EA_Arrenai

Original Post

Compatibility Issues with the new update last Feb 21?

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I haven't been online for the past days due to unforeseen circumstances and when I finally did today, I got a notification to update the game so just downloaded the new patch. After waiting for some 40MB-ish data, I opened the app but it just locks my phone instead, it doesn't even launch the game! Are there compatibility issues with the latest patch? It would be terrible if I can't play the game anymore because I invested some real life money in it.

Edit: I already tried uninstalling, deleting caches, data and etc, then reinstalling it again, still the same issue unfortunately.

Android Device: Asus Zenfone 3 Max 5.5

Android Versioin: Oreo

Player ID: 1003462549951

Hoping to hear a response soon, thanks.

Message 1 of 4 (496 Views)

[ Edited ]

So when you open the app it turns your phone off? Can you unlock your phone after that without issue?

Is the app still running in the background after you get kicked out of it?

Could you post a screenshot of the 'about' screen of your phone? There are multiple models of the phone you have. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 4 (468 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hello @Phantomlover1717, thank you for replying.

Attached is the screenshot about my phone. It has 1.4GHz CPU and 3GB ram.

Here's how the game launches, I just click on the app to open it, the screen suddenly goes black then it locks my screen.

My phone's screen timeout is set to "Never" so switching my phone's screen off is only when I trigger it to do so.

It's weird how the game forcefully switches the screen off, and yes I can still unlock my phone afterwards but the game still doesn't load, it also occasionally crashes now every time I try to launch it again.

According to my Developer Option's Running Services, it shows that it's running using about 10MB device memory, but when I checked it again, it's gone no matter how much I launch the game again, it doesn't show there anymore. 

Do tell me if there are more details needed.

Thank you.

Screenshot_20190227-085225.jpg

Message 3 of 4 (440 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @levinleigh.

I apologize for the wait you've experienced. As well, thank you very much for all of the information you've provided!

When you load the game and it locks up and shuts the screen off, are you able to get back in and force close the app? I'd like to see if it is hiding in the background and keeping it from loading.

Is there any change in behavior when switching from WiFi to mobile data on the device? Perhaps there may be an issue when it initially tries to connect.

Additionally, do you have a second device you can try to load the game on? I'd like to see if things look alright on the account-side for you.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 4 of 4 (318 Views)