Companion Customization

by Esteedie

Original Post

Companion Customization

★ Novice

What happened to the customization of Shae Vizla? all items were returned except the companion gifts, I would like those back also as I will not be running her anymore.

I killed off lame characters as I could. I will not waste anymore time on companions that are too lame to be with.

Companion customization is one of the side lines to this game, Having to run with characters in "Lame" gear, makes this game less enjoyable.

Message 1 of 9 (1,297 Views)

Re: Companion Customization

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Esteedie

After the patch the companion customization's and weapon were put into your characters inventory.  They should be there for you to reapply.  The change they made was:

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

• It is no longer possible to change Shae Vizla's armor.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 9 (1,288 Views)

★ Novice

Customizations for Shae Vizla, are still not there, all that is left is the very lame set of junk EA or who ever decided looked good, I put Shae Vizla on the bottom of the companion list with Lana Beniko, I will only use them when story lines require it.

Cost for all the gear that is no longer of any value (they are bound) is over 1,5oo,ooo credits, and  the counteless time involved acquiring the gear.

Just another annoyance added to the game, I have had several members of my guild just quit playing do to unnecessary annoyances.

Message 3 of 9 (1,281 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Esteedie

I know for me her pistol and customization was in my inventory

This is different to gear though, are you missing the customization or gear ?

Shae Vizla  gear can not be changed from the patch notes

• It is no longer possible to change Shae Vizla's armor.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 4 of 9 (1,279 Views)

★ Novice

none of the gear, full set of clothing and weapons, is missing, they are simply not usable by any of my companions, the gear was acquired for Shae Vizla only,

the gear was in my inventory but all of it is totally useless, all is bound and which makes the dye packs and everything unsaleable

Message 5 of 9 (1,272 Views)

@Esteedie

Understand your frustration, the ability to change Shae Vizla's armor was a bug, they corrected it with the recent patch.

See this post - link

4 - Shae being able to wear armor was a bug, which is why we changed/fixed it. We do know that there is a desire for characters like Shae, Lana, etc to be able to be customized like other Companions and we are always looking at when/if we could implement this.

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 6 of 9 (1,265 Views)

★ Novice

So we are supposed to accept this problem as a "bug fix" that is totally stupid

The game should be enjoyable, not irritating. 

Message 7 of 9 (1,255 Views)

@Esteedie

There will be reasons on why the gear cant be changed, and they do acknowledge that people want to be able to do this.

So I can only presume that they need to work out an issue in allowing the gear to be changed. 

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 8 of 9 (1,251 Views)

★ Novice

The gear is only part of the problem,

I have wasted too much time and effort with this companion, (can't even get the companion gifts back)

I am shutting down for a bit see if I can get over this annoyance, (just another of many)

if EA can't fix this "BUG" I may have to find a different game.

Losing the original crew was bad enough, getting them back in only partial use is another.

Message 9 of 9 (1,244 Views)