Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Companion App update

by deanpollock1888

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Companion App update

★★ Newbie

Due to the new update people on older devices such as the iPhone 5 can't use the companion app anymore as it requires an update to continue yet the update isn't available to those on older devices. Could you please make it so the update isn't required to use the app and can run on the current version installed, thank you.

Message 1 of 6 (900 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @BOSSLAKEN I understand your frustration but if your device does not meet the required specifications to run the game then you will be unable to run the game.

We always recommend that when running FIFA or any other game that your device is fully up to date. 

Darko

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (818 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @CTPRO12 sorry to see that you are having issues with the app.

To run the FIFA companion app on an iOS device then you need to ensure that your device meets the following requirements

Information

Seller EA Swiss Sarl
Size 56.5 MB
Category Games
Compatibility Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Languages English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
Age Rating Rated 4+
Copyright © 2018 Electronic Arts Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Darko

Message 2 of 6 (872 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

Hey EA, I think CTPPRO is well aware of the device requirements, but is asking that you rather make it available to all that have an iPad and not only to those that have the latest devices. I have the same issue with my sons iPad, who loves FIFA 19 and uses the companion app daily. This update now means he cannot use it. You are forcing people to update devices which is a little unfair in my view. 

Message 3 of 6 (835 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @BOSSLAKEN I understand your frustration but if your device does not meet the required specifications to run the game then you will be unable to run the game.

We always recommend that when running FIFA or any other game that your device is fully up to date. 

Darko

Message 4 of 6 (819 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
The issue is that we had a nice app that was working well and someone at your end thought "oh let's mess it up so
We can have weekend league status"

BIg congrats

Put the app back to what it was please
Message 5 of 6 (792 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

I have the right software to update the game but every time I try and do it it just puts me back to fifa 19 companion app ;(

Message 6 of 6 (456 Views)
Twitter Stream