Community Crashing Troubleshooting Guide

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Re: Community Crashing Troubleshooting Guide

★★★ Newbie

For me, when I open the game it just closes after 2 seconds. Every single time. Can someone help?

Message 21 of 826 (10,689 Views)

★★ Novice

Roll back your GPU drivers to 417.71 (JAN 30 or 31 I think).  I updated my GPU to the same drivers on the same card, and started crashing.  Rolled back, have no more crashing.  Good luck on your endeavors.

Message 22 of 826 (10,652 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The current issues have nothing to do with drivers and if you would just simply read what has been "stated" on this form you would realise this.

Drivers have noting to do with Illegal Instruction errors, please would the lot of you read my response before you post your "one off" solution!

Message 23 of 826 (10,633 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
This is absolute nonsense advice when we know it is CPU orientated. The software is bugged and please stop asking end users to correct this.

PC Troubleshooting

Try lowering the graphical settings within your in-game settings menu
Right-click on desktop shortcut icon and run "troubleshoot compatibility" before launching.
Repair the game in Origin. Within the Origin client right-click on Apex Legends and select "repair."
Switch from Full Screen to Windowed mode or Borderless from in the in-game settings
Close programs and overlays running in the background like Discord overlay, Origin in-game, Asus GPU Tweak II, MSI afterburner, Aura for ASUS, RivaTuner OSD, RivaTuner statistics. There might be some type of program running in the background or installed on your PC that is causing a conflict with Origin. By performing a clean boot, you close down all unnecessary programs needed to boot up your PC. Once you boot it up launch the game immediately.
Roll back your GPU drivers. We know updating them to the latest version is ideal, but we're seeing drivers 417.71 & 417.35 stop crashing for players
Turn off G-Sync (NVIDIA) or Freesync (NVIDIA)
Disable Shadowplay
Disable MSI Afterburner
Adjust Ambient Occlusion in NVIDIA control panel (Manage 3D Settings)
Adjust or disable all forms of Vsync for your monitor
Downclock GPU to default settings
Try uninstalling GeForce Experience (NVIDIA)
Increase your GPU and Windows power setting to Max. Open up "NVIDIA Control Panel" -> from the NVIDIA Control Panel, select the "Manage3D settings" from the left column -> click on the Power management mode drop down box and select "Prefer Maximum Performance".
Try reducing Texture Streaming from the in-game settings
Reducing VRAM usage from 8Go to 6Go (streaming texture option)
Reinstall the game to the internal hard drive and unplug external hard drives that aren't being used
Add Windows Defender Firewall exceptions: (Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Defender Firewall\Allowed Apps). Make sure to add and check both boxes for Origin's Launcher program. How programs and anti-virus programs can conflict with Origin.
Message 24 of 826 (10,583 Views)

★ Apprentice
How do you know it's CPU related?
Message 25 of 826 (10,571 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

So it really means that you are happy unpaid BETA TESTER!

You are really missing the point, but there you have it.

Good luck

Message 26 of 826 (10,557 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

How do you know it's CPU related

If you know anything about instruction errors you will know it's a code error. I write code myself for apps and this type of error is always present when an instruction set is not supported by a certain CPU because i have been using a "general feature set" that has been updated by newer CPUs, that is why most software company's employ "Beta Testers", to root out these types of errors. This game has made you ALL beta testers for free (and you thing your getting a great deal). EA took a great risk (they know this) and it paid off!! apart form the suckers like me who know what they are talking about.

The image as attachment is "100% pure" CPU related

000.JPG

The above is how I know it is CPU related because I know what causes this and I think I am qualified as a programmer to understand what it means; Illegal instruction is caused by buggy software or software trying to run on unsupported CPUs .

I hope this answers your question.

Pete

Message 27 of 826 (10,527 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yea they did a surprise launch, so no open beta testing. Yet, games from many AAA studios that had open beta testing still released in worse states than this.

If they called this a beta release, I would still play it for free/unpaid.

Still, how do you figure it's a cpu issue?

Message 28 of 826 (10,527 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

"An attempt was made to execute and illegal instruction"

Where are instructions run on?

The gpu? or the cpu?

Which one has priority?

Why did you ask this question?

Can you play the game {yes} or {no}

It's a simple error regarding CPU instruction that cannot be compiled at loading time = buggy software or unsupported CPU's = usually means sloppy programming .

Message 29 of 826 (10,490 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Make that 4 players. I’m one Xbox one and yeah, I can’t play for 2 days now. Every time I go to connect I’m unable to connect to the servers. Fix your game, 6 days of this problem, come on...

Message 30 of 826 (10,435 Views)