Community Crashing Troubleshooting Guide

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Re: Community Crashing Troubleshooting Guide

★★★ Newbie

Hi Blueberry,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps discribed. However, i've been experiencing more frequent crashes ever since Sunday (before that everything was fine).

I have literally tried every single one of your troubleshooting steps, from updating windows, to putting max framerate to 90-100, optimized my game with Geforce Experience, closed all applications in the background and also rolled back to 417.71 drivers. I've re-installed the game from scratch and tried running the game in different modes (windowed, Borderless window and fullscreen). None of it worked and im giving up.

I truely love the game, its an exciting game that has brought me many hours of enjoyment, currently sitting at Level 50. It would be a shame that i am forced to stop playing due to constant crashes.

All i can say is it seems it has something to do with Textures and Rendering, as i cannot see it being any other issues other than GPU and rendering. I've had a few errors referring to textures not being able to be loaded etc and then the game crashes, but there are times that the game just freezes and doesnt respond at all, just stops working. Also before you think my GPU is overheating, it isnt, the max temp it reaches is 75 degrees celcius, which is fine for a card running 4k resolution and everything on high.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Keep up the good work with the game!

Message 281 of 826 (1,521 Views)

★★ Novice

Personally my crashing gave a memory adress error and the windows optional updates from this reddit thread resolved my issues. Hope it helps someone else.

Windows 8.1, i5-4690k, 980ti, 32GB DDR3

Message 282 of 826 (1,515 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Why do you have over 6000 games in your steam library yet you are using a phenom?? That processor is very outdated to be running a game like this.

Message 283 of 826 (1,459 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@arby099Did you specifically download the optional updates, or did you do the registry edit? Or both? I'm running Windows 10 so honestly don't know how much of that thread applies to me.

Message 284 of 826 (1,248 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Try to put all options to max, if it works try to put ur options back 1 by 1.

I could'nt play the game yesterday, i put everything to max and it seems to work.

Message 285 of 826 (1,221 Views)

★ Novice

Sometimes my game just closes by itself. No error, no lags before.

Message 286 of 826 (1,074 Views)

★★ Novice

@Sarum-BK- wrote:

This Crash happens Error: 0x887A0006-DXGI_Error_Device_Hung ...... back to back I have tried all suggested settings still no positive results i more than exceed recommended hardware, As you can see the Error states it is a problem with the application ie. being the game having badly formed commands. So what do you recommend I do and how do you guys plan to fix this? 

I downgraded my NVIDIA drivers to 417.71 and the DXGI errors have stopped completely. NVIDIA 418 release notes even list this as an open bug. 

Message 287 of 826 (1,053 Views)

★ Novice

I have tried absolutley everything. I have done a full uninstall and a claen install multiple times i have repaired easy anticheat and the apex game multiple times i have downloaded the Microsoft C++ bs multiple times nothing changes or has solved anything. I played the game for 3 days with no problems all settings on high. Then after 3 days non stop crashing at random instervels. Im running a Intel 6700K, 16gb of Ram, and a EVGA Nvidia 1070 SSC. I spent money on this game i want this fixed or i want my money back!!!

Message 288 of 826 (950 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Its absolutely hilarious how this game is 2 weeks old already and theres still no fix for crashes. Why theres no crashlog even, how tf am i supossed to know what is causing the crash. good game devs

Message 289 of 826 (889 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
i can play couple of hours straight with no issues and then its crashing back to back
Message 290 of 826 (886 Views)