Community Crashing Troubleshooting Guide

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Re: Community Crashing Troubleshooting Guide

★★★ Newbie

Lol fortnite? If that crashes for you, it IS your hardware. 

Message 101 of 826 (1,616 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The fact that the same crashing issue is happening on every platform kiiiind of implies the issue is with EA and not players hardware. I understand it takes time to isolate and then fix the problem, but people are getting impatient. And gamers...we aren't the most patient group to begin with. 

That being said, people need to get the fact that this game just launched and has a large amount of players trying to connect. The bugs will be fixed soon enough.

Message 102 of 826 (1,614 Views)

★ Apprentice
@EA_Blueberry

Hi!

I am from Brazil and I am getting these "freeze and disconnect" every game (literally all of them).

I've tried everything, I read thousands of post and possible solutions. Nothing worked.

However, yesterday I had a "dummy" idea of trying to play on servers from US.

Guess what?! No disconnects at all! ::mind blown::

My conclusion is that the issue is not on my computer, it is probably related to desync with BR (Sao Paulo) servers (at least in my case).

Please guys, take a look into the routes or anything that could cause this issue. The game seems really cool but the frustration now is infinity.

Let me know how can I help you to root cause this issue

Thanks!

-----------------------

Config:

- AMD FX-6300

- GTX 1060 6Gb

- 8gb RAM

- SSD

Message 103 of 826 (1,551 Views)

★ Guide

well, I closed discord while gaming, no Origin enabled, AMD RX 580 8Gb user, so I'm still getting crashes

Message 104 of 826 (1,546 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I did a topic there, i dont' know where it went but i totally fixed my problem.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/I-fixed-my-crash-ingame-problem-Read-it/td-p/7469971

CM edit, the link should work fine now, thanks. 

Message 105 of 826 (1,546 Views)

★ Guide
well, the game is amazing, but a clean install is not worth it.. the developers should fix this problem, because thousands of people suffer from these crashes.
Message 106 of 826 (1,522 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello gamers,

Yesterday I was annoyed about freezings in this game and I decided to overclock my cpu and gpu, so I used MSI afterburner and extreme tuner apps. But after that I started to get crashes while playing in game. I tried every way to fix this but finally I did reset overclock settings. And boom! Game is running fine now. (Still freezes in game for 2 seconds once a minute i guess, hope it fixes soon) What I'm trying to say is please make sure to reset your overclock settings if you want to play this game at the moment.

Hope it helps you Standard smile

GTX 1070

Ryzen 5 1600

16 GB RAM

B350m mobo

win10 x64

Message 107 of 826 (1,374 Views)

★★ Novice

I specs that are above recommended and my game crashes every 5 games or so and it only crashes during the initial first jump with your squad off the ship.

Message 108 of 826 (1,300 Views)

★★★ Novice
no it doesn't - tried exactly that, game freezes, forced pc restart.
Message 109 of 826 (1,158 Views)

★★ Novice

What does one person do if none of these troubleshooting options resolve the issue? I've done just about everything but the disabling 2 cores (cause that's just ridiculous to do to play 1 game) and nothing has stopped the freezing/crashing. I don't even get an error msg. It just closes out and sometimes opens origin.

Message 110 of 826 (1,045 Views)